OCT: From clinical assessment to intraoperative decisions
Bridge the gap between pre-operative assessment and real-time evaluation of changes to tissue microstructures during surgery with EnFocus OCT.
In a clinical setting, OCT has become the standard of care. OCT technology is now moving more and more into the operating room where it is impacting surgical decision-making. The DISCOVER* study using EnFocus showed that "in membrane peeling procedures, intraoperative OCT findings were discordant from the surgeon's initial impression in 35% cases"
* The Determination of feasibility of Intraoperative Spectral domain microscope combined/integrated OCT Visualization during En face Retinal and ophthalmic surgery (DISCOVER) study is being undertaken at the Cole Eye Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Ohio, with Justis P. Ehlers, M.D. as Principal Investigator.
Benefits for your retina surgery
Use OCT to assess the level of tension in a membrane peel in real time, in order to avoid potential tears and protect the integrity of underlying tissue. A high-resolution view of <=4 µm also aids examination of retinal morphology for residual membranes and complications such as macular holes, or sub-retinal edema.
Additional benefits for posterior surgery include:
- Dynamic scan control via footswitch for swift adjustment of the scan angle to align with the membrane tissue
- Easy integration of fundus viewing systems such as the BIOM5 from OCULUS with synchronized focus
Benefits for your cornea surgery
Easily view the entire anterior segment with the EnFocus Ultra-Deep system which has an increased depth of up to 11 mm.
In advanced lamellar corneal surgeries such as DMEK (Descemet's Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty) and DSEAK (Descemet’s Stripping Endothelial Automated Keratoplasty), this aids the surgeon in confirming the correct orientation of donor tissue which may help avoid corrective follow-up surgery.
Benefits for your glaucoma surgery
OCT scans of up to 20 mm wide and 11 mm deep support your view to aid accurate placement of an XEN gel stent.
OCT can also support shunt vessel placement and assessment of how much the tube should be tied off to control intraocular pressure. This can prevent further progression of the glaucoma.
EnFocus Ultra-HD OCT: Rich subsurface detail
The best images matter. EnFocus Ultra-HD OCT technology delivers high definition real-time images of both the posterior and anterior segment.
Enfocus Intrasurgical OCT features:
- Resolution: ≤ 4 μm
- Depth: 2.5 mm image depth in tissue
- High OCT scan density (up to 1 million A-scans per volume)
EnFocus Ultra-Deep OCT: Deeper & wider
The EnFocus Ultra-Deep OCT option delivers very deep and wide imaging for full anterior segment visualization. Anterior structures continue to be resolved with crisp detail of ≤ 9 μm making it an ideal option for glaucoma surgery.
Enfocus Intrasurgical OCT features:
- Resolution: ≤ 9 μm
- Depth: 11 mm in tissue
- > 20 mm scan length
Efficiency you can feel, precision you can trust
The EnFocus system combines perfectly with the Proveo 8 microscope for a comprehensive visualization system that is intuitive and straightforward to use.
- Easily control EnFocus OCT and microscope functions via integrated wireless footswitch
- Inject OCT images into the eyepieces and simultaneously display on the large HD monitor for smooth workflow
- Choose the Proveo 8 floor stand or ceiling-mount configurations for flexibility in your OR
- Smart workflow features and optical technologies mean that the Proveo 8 provides an optimal view at every stage of surgery, for interruption-free working
Simply capture and analyze
Reliably and efficiently obtain and view the information you need. Intuitive software supports your workflow with exactly the information and tools you need.
- Wide OCT viewing windows
- On-screen procedural pre-set modes
- Fully customizable scan management and dynamic scan control to adapt scan angle to membrane tissue
- On-screen caliper measurements
- Choose the full on-screen menu or switch to a simplified view for ease of use during your procedure
Display and record in HD
EnFocus captures the highest resolution images, then displays and records these in rich detail.
- Combine with the Proveo 8 microscope for real-time image injection into the eyepieces
- Record your surgery in full-HD for later review with just a tap of the footswitch or a click of the mouse
- Share the real-time view with your team via the large HD display
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424