Image Gallery: Application Options with Leica DM2500 LED Microscope
The number of applications in microscopy can be as manifold as life itself. Different specimens demand different contrast methods to get a decent result. Unstained cells normally do not show a very high contrast. Researchers approach this problem by either staining the specimen with dyes respectively fluorescent molecules; or adding contrast by manipulating the light passing through.
The Leica DM2500 LED offers the above mentioned contrasting methods to meet each specimen’s demands:
- brightfield for stained histological sections
- phase contrast to image unstained cells
- differential interference contrast (DIC) for unstained samples and a relief-like view
- polarization contrast to watch crystals or e.g. cellulose
- fluorescence to visualize dedicated cellular components by immunofluorescence
Especially in the clinical sector, a clear differentiation of colours in the sample is necessary, when analysing stained specimen in brightfield. Here the LED illumination of the Leica DM2500 LED can help the user to make clear decisions.
This image gallery shows examples from life science and clinical applications using the Leica DM2500 LED microscope.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?