Specifically, Devon Brewer will review:
- Reasons to pursue research funding from private foundations and corporations
- Matters to consider before seeking such support
- Tools and strategies for finding private foundation/corporate grant opportunities
- Common procedures and approaches in applying for private foundation/corporate grants
- Good practices for developing grant proposals.
As a result of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Describe the matters to consider before pursuing private foundation/corporate funding for research.
- Identify the tools and strategies for finding private foundation and corporate grant opportunities.
- Describe common procedures and approaches in applying for research funding from private foundations and corporations.
Devon Brewer, Ph.D.
Editor, Writer, and Statistical Consultant; Scientific Advisor, ScienceDocs
Devon Brewer has 25 years of experience in writing successful grant proposals in the health sciences. He has been principal investigator on several grants and a key contributor to many others. Brewer has written funded proposals or reviewed proposals for NIH, NSF, CDC, HRSA, MRC (UK), private foundations, and other agencies. As a scientific advisor and writer with ScienceDocs, he helps researchers develop and compose effective proposals and manuscripts.