Cross sectioning of copper foil with lithium layer
The sample is just 46 µm thick and difficult to handle.
Cross sectioning to obtain information concerning the interface between the copper foil and the Lithium / Carbon layer.
Cut the foil with a razor blade to get the appropriate sample size and a flat sample edge.
|Acceleration voltage:||7 kV|
|Milling time:||3 h|
- Cut is very flat and clean
- Grain structure of copper and the Lithium / Carbon layer is clearly visible
- Interface structure is clearly recognizable
Cross sectioning of Sn on Cu
Cu and Sn are very soft. They are very difficult to prepare in a conventional way.
Cross sectioning to obtain information regarding the grain structure of Tin and the interface area.
Cut the foil with a razor blade to achieve the appropriate sample size with a flat milling edge.
|Acceleration voltage:||6 kV|
|Gun current:||2.6 mA|
|Milling time:||3.5 h|
- The columnar structure of Sn with cracks is visible
- Grain structure and interface structure are clearly visbible
- Voids and Cracks in the interface area
- Grain structure of Cu