The sample is just 46 µm thick and difficult to handle.
Cross sectioning to obtain information concerning the interface between the copper foil and the Lithium / Carbon layer.
Cut the foil with a razor blade to get the appropriate sample size and a flat sample edge.
|Acceleration voltage:||7 kV|
|Milling time:||3 h|
- Cut is very flat and clean
- Grain structure of copper and the Lithium / Carbon layer is clearly visible
- Interface structure is clearly recognizable
Cu and Sn are very soft. They are very difficult to prepare in a conventional way.
Cross sectioning to obtain information regarding the grain structure of Tin and the interface area.
Cut the foil with a razor blade to achieve the appropriate sample size with a flat milling edge.
|Acceleration voltage:||6 kV|
|Gun current:||2.6 mA|
|Milling time:||3.5 h|
- The columnar structure of Sn with cracks is visible
- Grain structure and interface structure are clearly visbible
- Voids and Cracks in the interface area
- Grain structure of Cu