Learn & Share: Education
Whether in schools, universities, or in professional education: microscopy courses are a permanent fixture in today’s science curriculum. Modern educational microscopes give students and instructors alike an easy introduction to the microworld: they have an extra rugged design to withstand being used by a lot of different people every day. Thanks to their many user-friendly features there’s no need for complicated advance settings, either. The instructor can concentrate fully on actual teaching and actively involve students in the lesson. Special software for educational microscopes allows an interactive learning environment: microscope images are easily transferred to monitors as visual teaching aids or for active group work. Nowadays, there are even wireless solutions for microscopy lessons which take the learning experience outside the classroom.
- Surgical microscopes play an essential role in the modern microsurgery procedures. It provides the surgeon, assistant and operating room staff with a magnified and illuminated high-quality image of…Read article
- Selecting educational microscopes is not an easy task for teachers. The microscopes must stand up to daily use by not always careful hands, be constantly up and running, and fit the budget…Read article
Microscopes Put to the Test with Severe Conditions: ISO Standard for Resistance of Optical Instruments to Fungus and Mold GrowthMicroscopes and other optical instruments can be affected during use by environmental factors. The environment depends on the geographic location and conditions of the place where the instrument is…Read article
- Beyond the confines of the school curriculum, the young talent promotion program Initiative Junge Forscherinnen und Forscher e.V. (Initiative for Young Researchers) from Würzburg, Bavaria, has set…Read article
- Learning begins with perception. Sensory impressions are branded in our mind and become the building blocks of knowledge. The more intensively young people are involved in the lesson and the more…Read article
- The Vogel- und Naturschutz-Tierpark Herborn to the north of Frankfurt may be small, but it’s always a great experience for school classes – and not only because it’s home to more than 300 animals of…Read article
Pathology Overcomes Boundaries – Interactive Microscope System Facilitates Training of Pathologists in Developing Countries"The lack of pathological examinations is one of the most pressing issues of medical care in developing countries." Dr. Roberto Monaco, pathologist in Neaples, knows the disastrous consequences from…Read article
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009