Letting minds meet … anywhere.
Smartphones, tablets, and laptops are the carriers of modern networked knowledge. Our Wi-Fi Education solutions liberate you from device or location, and give unlimited access to knowledge. It only takes a microscope, a wireless camera and an App to let minds meet anywhere.
Go Wi-Fi! With the Leica EZ4 W stereo microscope with integrated Wi-Fi camera and the Leica ICC50 W Wi-Fi camera for compound microscopes and the AirTeach software that turns your microscopy laboratory into a digital classroom.
- Wireless HD images for best image quality
- Up to 5.0 MP capture resolution for best documentation
- Choice of modes (Wi-Fi, USB, SD, Ethernet) for more flexibility
- HDMI output always available for large screen projection
- CapSense controls for durability and reliability
- Camera powered from the microscope, saving cost and infrastructure
- Personal smartphones or tablets in class to save equipment cost
- Download the Leica AirLab App free of charge
- Switch on the camera
- Capture images and videos in HD quality
- Simply use it with your smartphone or tablet
- View live thumbnail images of all connected cameras and microscopes in class
With intuitive touchscreen control, students and peers can measure, annotate, and archive images. Also they can share work results with just a few taps.
The AirTeach software changes the way you teach. It allows you to digitally share microscopy images from various microscope sources.
Share, discuss, compare
Learning becomes inspiring and interactive as students feel more engaged when sharing, discussing, and comparing their findings with the whole class.
The AirTeach software bares a lot of functions to assist teachers in their daily challenges in microscopy classes.
With the AirTeach teachers can
- see a thumbnail overview with live images of all connected microscopes in class
- share up to four images on a large screen projection to allow a comparison
- switch on other content with the AirClass sharing function to vary teaching and keep students’ attention
- walk freely in the room to give students individual attention while controlling the students’ images
- annotate a selected image live in front of the whole class watching
Allow your students to use their own laptops, tablets or smartphones. With learning content transferred directly to their devices, you can engage them more easily and promote team work: Your students can share results, work together and network wherever they are.
"For the presentation of blood smears and cytological samples, the wireless microscope camera for use with mobile devices would make our teaching much easier. The captured images can be acquired easily by multiple students, annotated, and then shared among the students and with the professor or classroom instructor."
Prof. Dr. Andreas Moritz, Klinische Laboratoriums Diagnostik, Justus–Liebig–Universität, Giessen, Germany
Replace the blackboard with the students’ tablets and enable them to learn in a digital environment that is already part of their lives. The Leica AirLab App makes learning as well as teaching fun and easy.
"With the wireless microscope camera, the students can capture images of what they have actually observed with the microscope, make annotations, and send them back to the professor or classroom instructor for evaluation."
Dr. Philippe Bruyant, Maître de Conférences, Département de Biologie, Université de Rouen, France
Class time is precious. Save set-up and dismantling time. From now on you only need one power cord for each microscope and you`re good to go!
"As the designer of all new labs at Earth Observatory Singapore, I would definitely incorporate this technology in any future labs using microscopes. The wireless camera system is much easier to setup than the current one used in our microscope lab."
Dorinda Ostermann, Technical Director of the Geochemical Laboratories, Earth Observatory Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
25. August 2021 How to use a Surgical Microscope as an Operating Room Nurse
Surgical microscopes play an essential role in the modern microsurgery procedures. It provides the surgeon, assistant and operating room staff with a…
16. November 2020 Perform Microscopy Analysis for Pathology Ergonomically and Efficiently
The main performance features of a microscope which are critical for rapid, ergonomic, and precise microscopic analysis of pathology specimens are…
24. September 2020 Factors to Consider When Selecting a Research Microscope
An optical microscope is often one of the central devices in a life-science research lab. It can be used for various applications which shed light on…
24. September 2020 Key Factors to Consider When Selecting a Stereo Microscope
Stereo microscopes are often nicknamed the “workhorse” of the lab or production site. Users spend many hours looking through the eyepieces inspecting,…
18. August 2020 Getting Sharper 3D Images of Thick Biological Specimens with Widefield Microscopy
Widefield fluorescence microscopy is often used to visualize structures in life science specimens and obtain useful information. With the use of…
03. April 2020 How to Sanitize a Microscope
Due to the current coronavirus pandemic, there are a lot of questions regarding decontamination methods of microscopes for safe usage. This…
09. July 2019 Digital Classroom Options
As teachers, you know your big challenge is to catch and keep the students’ attention and the best chance for this is by making the environment…
25. June 2018 What Does 30,000:1 Magnification Really Mean?
One important criterion concerning the performance of an optical microscope is magnification. This report will offer digital microscopy users helpful…
15. November 2017 The Fundamentals and History of Fluorescence and Quantum Dots
At some point in your research and science career, you will no doubt come across fluorescence microscopy. This ubiquitous technique has transformed…
28. August 2017 Eyepieces, Objectives and Optical Aberrations
For most microscope applications, there are generally only two sets of optics which are adjusted by the user, namely, the objectives and the…
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009