Letting minds meet … anywhere.
Smartphones, tablets, and laptops are the carriers of modern networked knowledge. Our Wi-Fi Education solutions liberate you from device or location, and give unlimited access to knowledge. It only takes a microscope, a wireless camera and an App to let minds meet anywhere.
Go Wi-Fi! With the Leica EZ4 W stereo microscope with integrated Wi-Fi camera and the Leica ICC50 W Wi-Fi camera for compound microscopes and the AirTeach software that turns your microscopy laboratory into a digital classroom.
- Wireless HD images for best image quality
- Up to 5.0 MP capture resolution for best documentation
- Choice of modes (Wi-Fi, USB, SD, Ethernet) for more flexibility
- HDMI output always available for large screen projection
- CapSense controls for durability and reliability
- Camera powered from the microscope, saving cost and infrastructure
- Personal smartphones or tablets in class to save equipment cost
- Download the Leica AirLab App free of charge
- Switch on the camera
- Capture images and videos in HD quality
- Simply use it with your smartphone or tablet
- View live thumbnail images of all connected cameras and microscopes in class
With intuitive touchscreen control, students and peers can measure, annotate, and archive images. Also they can share work results with just a few taps.
The AirTeach software changes the way you teach. It allows you to digitally share microscopy images from various microscope sources.
Share, discuss, compare
Learning becomes inspiring and interactive as students feel more engaged when sharing, discussing, and comparing their findings with the whole class.
The AirTeach software bares a lot of functions to assist teachers in their daily challenges in microscopy classes.
With the AirTeach teachers can
- see a thumbnail overview with live images of all connected microscopes in class
- share up to four images on a large screen projection to allow a comparison
- switch on other content with the AirClass sharing function to vary teaching and keep students’ attention
- walk freely in the room to give students individual attention while controlling the students’ images
- annotate a selected image live in front of the whole class watching
Allow your students to use their own laptops, tablets or smartphones. With learning content transferred directly to their devices, you can engage them more easily and promote team work: Your students can share results, work together and network wherever they are.
"For the presentation of blood smears and cytological samples, the wireless microscope camera for use with mobile devices would make our teaching much easier. The captured images can be acquired easily by multiple students, annotated, and then shared among the students and with the professor or classroom instructor."
Prof. Dr. Andreas Moritz, Klinische Laboratoriums Diagnostik, Justus–Liebig–Universität, Giessen, Germany
Replace the blackboard with the students’ tablets and enable them to learn in a digital environment that is already part of their lives. The Leica AirLab App makes learning as well as teaching fun and easy.
"With the wireless microscope camera, the students can capture images of what they have actually observed with the microscope, make annotations, and send them back to the professor or classroom instructor for evaluation."
Dr. Philippe Bruyant, Maître de Conférences, Département de Biologie, Université de Rouen, France
Class time is precious. Save set-up and dismantling time. From now on you only need one power cord for each microscope and you`re good to go!
"As the designer of all new labs at Earth Observatory Singapore, I would definitely incorporate this technology in any future labs using microscopes. The wireless camera system is much easier to setup than the current one used in our microscope lab."
Dorinda Ostermann, Technical Director of the Geochemical Laboratories, Earth Observatory Singapore, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
25. August 2021 How to use a Surgical Microscope as an Operating Room Nurse
Surgical microscopes play an essential role in the modern microsurgery procedures. It provides the surgeon, assistant and operating room staff with a…
09. July 2019 Digital Classroom Options
As teachers, you know your big challenge is to catch and keep the students’ attention and the best chance for this is by making the environment…
22. November 2016 Factors for Selecting Student Microscopes
Selecting educational microscopes is not an easy task for teachers. The microscopes must stand up to daily use by not always careful hands, be…
23. February 2016 MyScope for Global Research Training
MyScope is an online educational site that provides modules on scanning and transmission electron microscopy, scanning probe and atomic force…
05. August 2015 Microscopes Put to the Test with Severe Conditions: ISO Standard for Resistance of Optical Instruments to Fungus and Mold Growth
Microscopes and other optical instruments can be affected during use by environmental factors. The environment depends on the geographic location and…
24. April 2015 Venturing into Uncharted Dimensions – the Fascination of Future Technologies
Beyond the confines of the school curriculum, the young talent promotion program Initiative Junge Forscherinnen und Forscher e.V. (Initiative for…
20. May 2014 Hunting Down the Hay Bacillus – Educational Microscopes in Biology Teaching
Learning begins with perception. Sensory impressions are branded in our mind and become the building blocks of knowledge. The more intensively young…
19. May 2014 Bird Park Gives Fascinating Insights into the Variety of Nature
The Vogel- und Naturschutz-Tierpark Herborn to the north of Frankfurt may be small, but it’s always a great experience for school classes – and not…
10. January 2014 Pathology Overcomes Boundaries – Interactive Microscope System Facilitates Training of Pathologists in Developing Countries
"The lack of pathological examinations is one of the most pressing issues of medical care in developing countries." Dr. Roberto Monaco, pathologist in…
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?