For automotive manufacturers and automotive component suppliers, obtaining cleanliness results rapidly, accurately, and reliably over the entire workflow is a significant advantage. Often for this quality control task, multiple instruments from several suppliers are used to perform the analysis. For this reason, Pall Corporation and Leica Microsystems have joined efforts to offer an optimal, turn-key cleanliness analysis solution from a “single source”. The customer has the advantage of an overall solution and advice from both Leica and PALL experts to achieve optimization and maintain its performance over time.
Related products 4
Analysis software for fast and easy particle counting on filters. An easy-to-use, optimal cleanliness solution for reliable, repeatable results.
Material Analysis Solution for Visual and Chemical Inspection
Digital 5 MP color microscope camera with active cooling system
Upright Materials Microscopes
Cleanliness Analysis Workflow – Steps
Parts / Components Preparation
Part Types, Required Methods
Preparation method will depend upon the type of part or component and the sample size to be analyzed. Determine the solution required for the specific part and sample size.
Extraction / Filtration
Agitation, Parts Rinsing, Ultrasonication, Test Bench
Extract contaminant particles from parts and components with spraying, rinsing, or ultrasonication. The cleaning solution is then passed through a filter, the type depending on the parts cleaned, and the particles retained on membranes for analysis. Washing cabinets and filters of different sizes from PALL are used for this task. Filters are dried and then evaluated.
Detection, Quantification, Classification
The particles are detected, quantified, and classified according to their size and type, i.e., their potential to cause damage. It is done with a Leica Cleanliness Analysis Solution using a compound or digital microscope and Cleanliness software module.
ISO 16232 & VDA19
Review results from the analysis and identify if any potentially catastrophic particles are present. Metal particles have a higher potential for damage and the Leica imaging solution can identify metallic particles automatically. These potentially catastrophic particles can influence the longevity of a component or even cause a system failure.
With the results from a full cleanliness analysis, step by step the workflow can be optimized. Then the potentially catastrophic particles can be identified and the source of contamination determined and eliminated. The aim is to always improve the cleanliness analysis process in order to eliminate and minimize contamination.
- This article describes how a 2-methods-in-1 solution combining optical microscopy and laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) can be utilized for identification of particulate contaminants in the…Read article
Depth Profiling and Layer Analysis for Inspection of Materials with a 2-In-1 Solution Combining Optical Microscopy and Laser SpectroscopyIn addition to simultaneous visual and chemical inspection, a 2-methods-in-1 materials analysis solution, which combines optical microscopy and laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS), can also be…Read article
- If you work in electronic component analysis, you will be familiar with the many challenges posed. Whether you are identifying metallic particles or checking product authenticity, it’s important to…Read article
- Learn how to get spatially resolved information about the chemical composition of elements in seconds - quickly and easily.Read article
- This report explains how a 2-in-1 materials analysis solution, combining optical microscopy and chemical analysis by laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS), leads to an overall more efficient and…Read article
- The advantages of a 2-in-1 materials analysis solution combining optical microscopy and laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) for simultaneous visual and chemical inspection are described in…Read article
- Devices, products, and their components fabricated in many industries can be quite sensitive to contamination and, as a result, have stringent requirements for cleanliness. Measurement systems for…Read article
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009