Sub-diffraction colocalization analysis reveals interactions unprecedented detail. Enabling novel discoveries to be made in the fields of virology, immunology, neuroscience and cancer, super-resolution is on its way to becoming the new gold standard in light microscopy.
Explore life’s true nature in unprecedented detail.
Super-resolution and nanoscopy products
It is about 20 years since super-resolution microscopy and nanoscopy arrived on the light microscopy scene, but it already plays an important role, particularly in life sciences – without superseding conventional confocal microscopy. The term super-resolution refers to methods that surpass the so-called diffraction limit. Applications are wide ranging – from dynamic vesicle movements to fluorescence images of sub-cellular structures, allowing researchers to see details in unprecedented detail. LIGHTNING Image Information Extraction is a super-resolution method that exploits the sub-diffraction lateral resolution capabilities of confocal microscopy. With LIGHTNING on a SP8 confocal microscope you can image multiple fluorophores simultaneously – without the need for sequential scanning. You can capture cellular details and observe dynamics with resolution down to 120 nm. As a truly infinitely super-resolving technology, STED nanoscopy offers resolution down to 30 nanometers. STED provides instant super-resolved imaging with multiple channels and approaching isotropic super-resolution in three dimensions. Underlining the impact of super-resolution microscopy, the 2014 Nobel Prize for Chemistry was awarded jointly to Eric Betzig, Stefan W. Hell and William E. Moerner "for the development of super-resolved fluorescence microscopy".
- Natural killer (NK) cells are innate immune effectors that eliminate diseased and tumorigenic targets through the directed secretion of specialized secretory lysosomes, termed lytic granules. This…Read article
- This video tutorial presents a reliable way to produce samples for super-resolution GSD imaging with a special focus on the mounting step. Stable and flat mounting of the coverslip increases the…Read article
- Here we present an collection of videos telling the story of the invention of nanometer-scale microscopy by Stefan Hell and explaining the basic principle of STED microscopy.Read article
- Stimulated Emission Depletion microscopy, or STED nanoscopy, is a technique that uses the non-linear de-excitation of fluorescent dyes to overcome the resolution limit imposed by diffraction…Read article
- The advent of superresolution microscopy has opened up new research opportunities into dynamic processes at the nanoscale inside living biological specimens. This is particularly true for synapses,…Read article
- The free online webinar on super-resolution presented by Leica Microsystems in association with Microscopy & Analysis took place on Tuesday, 15 November 2011. Register and view the webinar on demand.Read article