Enable a safe return to the classroom!
Enable a safe return to the classroom this fall by upgrading your equipment!
There may be funds available to you and your classroom to enable a safe, socially distanced learning environment. This could be a great opportunity to upgrade to a 1:1 student to microscope ratio and cameras that enable the educator to view microscope images from across the classroom through image sharing technology.
Use the links below as a resource and work with your department administration to learn what funds may be available to you.
Fill out the form to the right to learn more about solutions available for your classroom or lab.
Leica EZ4 W
The EZ4 W is an essential tool for remote science education.
- Ability to share live images from your microscope with your students.
- The integrated 5-megapixel cameras can live-stream HD images to students’ smartphones or tablets in the classroom.
- All-in-one stereo microscope system including multi-functional LED illumination and digital imaging
- They are easy to use – parts are well labeled, components cannot be removed and lost, and few adjustments lead to great results
- They produce images to enjoy – their optics and cameras deliver good contrast, color, and resolution for a great learning experience
- They are easy to store – they are small, easy to carry, and have few cables that could tangle
- They are easy to maintain – they are easy to clean and service, with on-site service when needed
- They are constructed to last – they stand up to rough handling and varying environmental conditions
And if you would like to digitize your classroom and engage your students via Wi-Fi with tools they even use in their leisure time, we offer wireless classroom solutions.
Which educational microscope is suitable for which class?
The matrix will help you determine which of our instruments would be eligible for your classroom.
If you have any questions, please contact your local Leica Microsystems representative.
|Life Science||Earth Science||Material Science||Forensic Science|
|EZ4 stereo microscope||X||X||X||X|
|DM300 compound microscope||X|
|EZ4 W, EZ4 E stereo microscope||X||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|DM500 compound microscope||X|
|DM750 compound microscope||X|
|DM750 P compound microscope||X||X||X||X||X|
|DM750 M compound microscope||X||X||X||X||X|
|A: Begin||B: Explore||C: Advance|
- Download the Leica AirLab App free of charge
- Switch on the camera
- Capture images and videos in HD quality
- Simply use it with your smartphone or tablet
- View live thumbnail images of all connected cameras and microscopes in class
With intuitive touchscreen control, students and peers can measure, annotate, and archive images. Also they can share work results with just a few taps.