Specimen Collection by Gravity
Laser microdissection uses a laser to isolate specific microscopic regions from tissue samples. The way in which specimens of interest are transferred and collected influences the specificity and quality of the end result. Only Leica Microsystems uses simple gravity for specimen collection.
• Fast and reliable contact-free and contamination-free specimen collection
• All specimen shapes and sizes are possible
• Collect directly into reaction buffer
• Standard consumables can be used for collection
Laser Movement via Optics
Only Leica Microsystems uses high-precision optics to steer the laser beam using prisms along the desired cut line on the tissue.
• Highest possible precision and speed
• Direct real-time laser cutting with “Move and Cut”
• The best view for convenient movie documentation
Leading-edge Laser Technology
The Leica LMD7000 is the first laser microdissection system that integrates high energy per pulse, and high and adjustable repetition rates within one single system.
• Fully control the repetition to adapt the laser to a specific sample
• High-energy per pulse for thick and hard specimens
• High repetition rates for narrow cuttings and high speed
• Control the width of the cutting line with the laser aperture