As You Like It
Get the acquisition modalities you need for your specific sample with the choice of two cameras: The monochrome DFC7000 GT for demanding fluorescence applications, or the color DFC7000 T developed for both brightfield and fluorescence imaging.
- Monitor fluorochromes like DAPI, FITC up to Cy7, with highly sensitive sensors that can detect signals even in the near-infrared range.
- Faithful color fidelity with the DFC7000 T uses advanced color interpolation to maintain natural images.
- Adapt your imaging for different illumination settings with pre-defined correction matrices
This Introduction to Camera Technology helps you judge camera performance.
Big is Beautiful
Are you keen on a large field of view? These cameras provide it. Two reasons: One, each camera sensor features 2.8 megapixel with a pixel size of 4.54 µm. Two, Leica Microsystems’ latest generation objectives with low magnification and high-numerical aperture objectives. It's the combination of both that offers you the large field of view.
Large field of view
- You benefit from maintaining a wide dynamic range, because these high resolution cameras are based on a new pixel architecture
- You can speed up tile scans and mosaics in case the specimen is still too large for the provided field of view
Turbocharge Your Acquisition
Capture images at up to 40 frames per second at full resolution and 50 fps with exclusive turbo mode! These cameras will convince you with the quality and speed the state-of-the-art CCD sensor provides.
- Position and focus samples without any delays
- Easily capture real-time, high-speed time-lapse recordings to collect precise kinetic data labeled with accurate time stamps
The Bright Side of Life: DFC7000 T
You know the challenge: You want to document your stained specimens and tissues in brightfield and need to represent the colors as close to reality as possible. Subtle differences in color toning can be the difference between excellent images and images that are just “good enough.” The Leica DFC7000 T helps you drive toward imaging excellence!
- Capture at outstanding resolution – 4.54 µm pixels can image even the smallest details
- You are supported by the camera’s innovative 5 x 5 demosaicing algorithm – only from Leica Microsystems. Enjoy your images, sharp and clear!
- Reproduce colors faithfully with intelligent interpolation to match your illumination settings
Dancing In The Dark: DFC7000 GT
The DFC7000 GT camera masters multi-color fluorescence imaging even under really challenging light conditions:
- It performs with a maximum quantum efficiency* of > 70%
- Vibration-free acquisition is provided by the one-stage peltier cooling system for stunningly crisp images
- Effectively eliminate noise* without sacrificing acquisition speed with correlated pixel double sampling
- Enjoy using this camera for years and years – its dynamic hotpixel correction keeps up outstanding image quality
- Trust the images you get: The specimen can be cooled down or heated up – the camera will always deliver accurate image data. It is designed for environmental temperatures between +5°C and +50°C, a temperature range which has never been possible before.
Pull the Trigger
The Leica DFC7000 cameras can be triggered, so that the entire imaging system with all peripherals can be fine-tuned to meet even the highest standards. Fluorescence specimens are protected from unnecessary light, filter changes take place in the shortest time and new images can be acquired while the current one is transferred to PC.
This is made possible by Leica Microsystems’ powerful LAS X software
- Use LAS X either for basic image acquisition and material analysis or for sophisticated acquisition and analysis and benefit from a highly modular, powerful software design
The software platform features an easy-to-use and easy-to-learn graphical interface focused on and adjustable to the needs of the users.
With the Leica DFC7000 cameras, you can use a broad range of LAS X software tools which provide you the best possible documentation for your specimens. You can, but you don’t have to. These advanced camera features can be hidden through a smart user access approach –in a multi-user environment you can make sure inexperienced users have limited access. Show or hide these versatile features:
- Continuous analogue gain to enhance even the faint signals seamlessly with finesse
- Freely definable black balance to reduce unwanted background of non-specific fluorescence
- Image averaging on the fly to eliminate residual noise
- Switch between mono-tap and quad-tap read out of the sensor
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009
Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437 United StatesOffice Phone : 952-881-0414
D.M.I. Medical Inc.Life Science Research: Confocal Microscopy, Widefield, Nanotechnology, Industry Microscopy, Clinical Microscopy, Surgical Microscopy, Digital Pathology, Cytovision, Aperio, Ariol, Histology Instruments, Histology Consumables, Advanced Staining Instruments, Advanced Staining Consumables, Kreatech Reagents, Thermobrite / Thermobrite Elite
D.M.I. Medical IncHistology Systems, Novocastra Reagents and associated instruments, EM Sample Preparation
ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227 United StatesOffice Phone : 410-299-2711
Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078 United StatesOffice Phone : 701-391-3333Service Phone : 701-391-3333Fax : 701-364-0307
ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804 United StatesOffice Phone : 865-984-8058
Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734 United StatesOffice Phone : 713-201-8787
Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515 United StatesOffice Phone : 312-520-7600Fax : 219-662-7353
Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050 United StatesOffice Phone : 516-487-1175Fax : 516-487-1191
JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539 United StatesOffice Phone : 408-436-6336Fax : 408-439-6343
Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965 United StatesOffice Phone : 415-331-1020Fax : 415-462-5186
Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105 United StatesOffice Phone : 605-334-8655Fax : 605-334-9102
Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207 United StatesOffice Phone : 913-341-7520Fax : 913-341-2318
Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 9194526288
Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 9194526288
TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029 United StatesOffice Phone : 425-785-9993Fax : 800-832-1859
Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108 United StatesOffice Phone : 720-244-4679Fax : 303-331-8128
Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 919-309-4463Service Phone : 919-812-9500Fax : 919-309-4742
DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071 United StatesOffice Phone : 954-340-2727Fax : 954-340-1221