Clear, comprehensive, customizable
Software should make your standard tasks faster, easier, and more efficient; not more complicated. LAS X has a tidy user interface and navigation that makes workflows intuitive and easy for anyone to learn.
Use the full screen to view your sample
- Observe your sample in full-screen size
- Activate all relevant functions (e.g. for illumination settings, camera, measurements) with a few clicks
- Automatically store images on a regular basis with functionalities like autosav
Customizable user access
The software can handle multiple users who have different levels of microscope skills and diverse tasks to accomplish.
Profiles according to user’s skills
The LAS X software enables you to create profiles according to the skills and tasks of individual users – from microscopy beginner to expert. It helps you to get reliable results.
Reliable and reproducible results
Being able to reproduce your image data is important for many applications.
Store and Recall
With a few clicks or by opening an acquired image, you can easily reproduce previous microscope settings and imaging parameters.
Create customized reports to meet your needs
You can customize the report templates according to your needs and share these templates with others for their usage to ensure consistency.
Various templates for efficient report generation
Creating customized reports of measurement results is straightforward.
- Adapt quickly the report templates to suit your needs
- Just a few clicks to export the reports
LAS X Software Modules for Industrial Applications
Microscopy tasks for quality control and assurance, failure analysis, research and development, as well as materials science and forensics, are varied and diverse. From image acquisition to reporting, software plays an integral part every step of the way.
For your specific application needs, Leica Microsystems offers a range of software modules that complement LAS X.
Contact your local Leica representative to find out which module is best suited to your needs.
Extend LAS X capabilities for image acquisition and documentation of single images
|LAS X User Management||Create user groups with different access levels. Allow or restrict individual functionalities for respective access levels.|
|LAS X Extended Annotation||Annotate your images with text in various fonts and colors, graphics, or measurements.|
|LAS X Measurements||Measure parameters, such as the length, area, diameter, angle, or perimeter of objects you mark with adjustable tracing lines, drawing directly in the live images. Add labels for easy analysis. Apply measurements to several images to determine statistical trend and compare data in measurement templates. Apply long-distance measurements that span more than a single field of view.|
|LAS X Reticule||Display digital reticules, such as grain size, lines, circles, cross hairs and counting grids, on real-time images as electronic overlays for inspection, measurement, point counting, and comparison. Unlike eyepiece reticules, digital reticules adjust to the magnification or zoom of the microscope.|
|LAS X Live Stream Movie||Capture images at set time intervals automatically to create movies to stream. Download as individual images or AVI files.|
Extend LAS X capabilities for image acquisition, measurement and analysis in 2D and 3D
|LAS X Live Image Builder||Create images that are bigger than a single field of view. Obtain a single in-focus image, if shallow depth of field provides only a partly focused image.|
|LAS X Z-Control & SW Autofocus||Create a single sharp image by capturing a stack of images at different focus positions and combining them automatically into an Extended Depth of Focus (EDOF) image.|
|LAS X Extended Depth of Field||Create sharp 2D images from several partially in-focus images. In connection with the 3D Surface Viewer, creation of 3D images is also possible.|
|LAS X Stitching||Create 2D images from multiple tiled images captured automatically. Obtain a spiral scan to capture only the region which interests you most. Single images can be retrieved and analyzed with LAS X 2D Analysis.|
|LAS X 3D Surface Viewer||View 3D surfaces created from LAS X Extended Depth of Field.|
|LAS X 3D Surface Measurements||Measure 3D surfaces created from LAS X Extended Depth of Field in the LAS X 3D Surface Viewer.|
Extend LAS X capabilities for metallography
|LAS X Nodular Cast Iron Expert||Assess cast iron, adhering to industry standards including ASTM E247, ISO 945-2 and JIS5502. Use this software module for ductile irons to identify graphite nodules and place them into shape and size classes. Assess the ferrite and pearlite content and combine the results from these separate analyses.|
|LAS X Decarburization Expert||Identify and analyze the depth of decarburization in non- or low-alloyed steel. Automatically calculate the functional decarburization depth as a function of the amount present in the unaffected interior and your product specifications.|
|LAS X Metallography Toolbox||Assess, analyze, and measure metals, alloys, layers and coatings, adhering to laboratory requirements by incorporating analysis methods utilized in industry standards. Document your results in a Microsoft Excel report.|
|LAS X Grain Expert||Evaluate the properties of materials by analyzing grain size to help determine the characteristics of the final product. The incorporation of industry standards ensures your analyses conform to your laboratory requirements.|
|LAS X Phase Expert||Measure multi-phase microstructures identified by their distinctive color or contrast in materials and metallurgy laboratories. For example, reflectivity of components in oil-shale; polarization colors of constituents in a thin rock section for modal analysis. Determine the occurrence of these phases with reference to the overall image or to one of the selected phases.|
|LAS X 2D Analysis||Detect, measure, and evaluate features and particles of powders, fiber cross-sections, pigments using a wide range of parameters. Use histograms, pie charts, and statistics to illustrate results that can be exported to Microsoft Excel.|
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- D.M.I. Medical Inc.Life Science Research: Confocal Microscopy, Widefield, Nanotechnology, Industry Microscopy, Clinical Microscopy, Surgical Microscopy, Digital Pathology, Cytovision, Aperio, Ariol, Histology Instruments, Histology Consumables, Advanced Staining Instruments, Advanced Staining Consumables, Kreatech Reagents, Thermobrite / Thermobrite Elite
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424
- DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071United StatesOffice Phone: 954-340-2727Fax: 954-340-1221