Enhanced visualization for greater precision
- ARveo 8 enhances visualization by adding layers of information to the microscope image so that neurosurgeons can obtain more information while operating on a patient.
- ARveo 8 combines world-renowned optics with the ability to combine pre- and intraoperative imaging and augmented reality fluorescence, so that neurosurgeons can make precise, confident decisions.
- Ultra-fast processing in the ARveo 8 reduces latency by 44%* and delivers information to the surgeon faster—further amplifying precision.
- ARveo 8 enables surgeons to truly work “in the now” with greater confidence for better patient outcomes.
*Compared to the previous generation ARveo surgical microscope
Augmented vascular surgery
The GLOW augmented reality (AR) ecosystem is an integral part of the ARveo 8 digital visualization capabilities.
A sophisticated imaging sensor and algorithms capture, optimize, and combine multiple spectral bands of visible and fluorescent light.
The result is a fully synchronized, real-time, augmented view of the surgical field.
GLOW800 augmented reality (AR) fluorescence and ICG enable you to observe cerebral anatomy in natural color, augmented by real-time vascular flow, with full depth perception.
Anatomy and blood flow in one image
When combined with ICG, GLOW800 augmented reality (AR) fluorescence allows you to observe cerebral anatomy and blood flow in white light.
Forget yesterday's need to recall and reconcile black and white NIR blood flow video with the natural anatomical view—enjoy one single view of anatomy and blood flow.
- Stay orientated thanks to full depth perception without dark peripheries through image homogenization
- Work confidently in GLOW800 mode for removal of AVMs, clipping of aneurysms, performance of a bypass or a microvascular decompression
The augmented image is displayed in the oculars via CaptiView image injection and on the monitors in the OR.
Enhanced visualization with GLOW800
Suddenly we had the blood vessels lighting up, but we would still see the brain structure around them. That was an aha effect: we suddenly could see more. We really got closer to what we think is augmented reality.
Professor Raphael Guzman MD, Professor of Neurosurgery, Vice Chairman of the Department of Neurosurgery, University Hospital and University Children’s Hospital, Basel, Switzerland, about his experiences when he first used GLOW800.
FL400 oncological fluorescence
The fluorescence module FL400 is used during open neurosurgery in conjunction with the active substance 5 aminolevulinic acid (5-ALA). It supports resection by allowing differentiation of tumor tissue from healthy brain tissue.
* Please contact Leica Microsystems Regulatory Affairs for cleared indications and registration status of the product in your region
FL560 allows observation of fluorophores with an excitation range between ~460 nm and ~500 nm. It allows you to view non-fluorescent tissue in natural color and simultaneously observe fluorescence in a bright yellowish-green color.
GLOW800 AR fluorescence
GLOW800 augmented reality fluorescence takes the high contrast of NIR imaging with ICG and combines it with white light. The result is a single view of natural-colored anatomy, augmented by real-time vascular flow.
Cleverly enhanced optical visualization
The ARveo 8 optics have groundbreaking innovation at its heart: FusionOptics.
Uniting an enhanced depth of field with high resolution, FusionOptics technology delivers enhanced visualization.
When combined with 400 W xenon light and Small Angle Illumination, the result is a deep, bright view, in full focus through the oculars.
- Two separate beam paths
- One beam path provides high resolution
- The other beam path provides depth of field
- The brain merges the two images into a single optimal spatial image
Enhanced efficiency across the entire team
ARveo 8 supports a more collaborative workflow for the entire surgical team. It enables greater surgical efficiency*
- through outstanding stability
- a clear and simple GUI for faster setup tailored to each surgeon and surgery
- quick adjustments, at any given time
- full-team 3D visualization and collaboration
* Compared to the previous generation ARveo surgical microscope
If you prefer not to take your eyes off your patient to look at a screen during surgery, you can use the oculars.
With CaptiView image injection, you see all the imaging information you need directly in the eyepieces. CaptiView displays:
- images from different sources, e.g., preoperative CT or MRI scans
- additional image feeds, e.g., from endoscopes
- GLOW800 AR fluorescence
- Data from IGS systems from a range of leading manufacturers
The 1080p full HD display with LED backlight delivers high-resolution, high-contrast images so good there is no need to break concentration to look at a screen.
The image you see is displayed to the OR team on the monitors in 3D.
One 3D view for the entire team
If you prefer to work “heads-up”, you do not need to look through the eyepieces.
You can work with full depth perception and high resolution, visualizing minute anatomical details with natural color differentiation on a much larger scale, either:
- on the 31-inch microscope screen or
- on the 55-inch 4K cart-mounted 3D monitor
Visual OR workflow support
- The shared 3D view enables your OR team to be ready for the next step, even in complex surgeries.
- 3D visualization takes teaching to the next level, with everyone able to follow surgeries magnified on a large 4K 3D monitor
As ARveo 8 is a hybrid system, you have the option of going back to the ocular view at any time.
Single graphical user interface for microscope operation and image aquisition
The ARveo 8 GUI is designed to be self-explanatory for all members of the OR team. It guides you through setup of the microscope, allows for intraoperative adjustments on the fly, enables image acquisition and transfer. And finally, it serves as an additional monitor to show the microscope image.
- Select and define different user roles and rights
- Password protect default configurations and individual user settings, e.g., GLOW800 visualization
- Increase cybersecurity with secure patient and user data
- Record video and images in 2D or 3D quality utilizing a high-compression 2 TB storage space
- Quickly store images and export via USB and Ethernet to your hospital network
- Optimized data processing and connectivity for PACS and DICOM
Unlock the door to the digital future
Imaging technologies evolve and move medicine forward, sometimes one step at a time, sometimes in leaps.
ARveo 8 helps you along this path of technological evolution by:
- allowing you to add new technology and AR applications in the future that will deliver meaningful patient impacts
- providing a smooth path into the future of digital neurosurgery
We call this concept EnhancePath, our promise that the ARveo 8 digital visualization microscope will evolve with you into the digital future.
Add layers of information
The ability to combine preoperative images with intraoperative imaging can allow you to take more decisive action during procedures. With the ARveo 8 digital visualization microscope you can enhance your view of the surgical site with images from IGS systems and endoscopes via eyepieces or 4K 3D screens.
Easy integration of IGS systems
Support your intraoperative assessment with data from IGS systems by leading manufacturers.
- Update image realignment during surgery using the microscope image
- View information more ergonomically with picture-in-picture navigation options
Technical compatibility with KARL STORZ® video systems
Switch seamlessly with just a touch of the microscope handle from the microscope image to an endoscopic image feed and back—your workflow will not be interrupted.
The ARveo 8 digital visualization microscope for neurosurgery enables robotic alignment of the microscope’s optics carrier via the Brainlab IGS system.
- Keep your image in focus during the entire neurosurgery, thanks to the tip focus function of the latest Cranial Navigation Software of BrainLab.
- Rest assured that you always have a centered view despite microscope movement thanks to “follow tip” or “move to pin” functions.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?