If it glows red, it's tumor
Under FL400 blue light mode, you and your assistant have a bright, high-contrast view of glioma cells. This aids with clear delineation of tumor margins for confident resection in real time.
How does it work?
- Before surgery, the patient drinks a 5 aminolevulinic acid (5-ALA) solution. The 5-ALA is selectively taken up by glioma cells and converted into the fluorescent PPIX.
- During surgery, you simply activate the FL400 module with a click of a button.
- The FL400 module delivers intense, homogeneous blue excitation light, with a well-adjusted observation spectrum.
- The PPIX in the tumor glows an intense pinkish red, enabling clear differentiation of tumor cells from healthy tissue
Easy handling for interruption-free work
Quickly and easily switch from white light to blue light fluorescence mode and back, or between fluorescence modes, for an interruption-free workflow.
As the FL400 module is fully integrated into your microscope, changing observation modes requires only the click of a button on the handgrip or footswitch.
HD viewing and documentation
Share the view with your team and record with ease, in high definition.
- HD display of the microscope monitor enables viewing by the whole team in the operating room
- HD recording technology is ideal for documentation, presentation and teaching of complex cases
- Mode Control technology provides custom, automatically-activated video and recording settings that are optimized for normal (white light) and FL400 modes
Flexible fluorescence observation
Benefit from flexible observation of different fluorophores. Neurosurgery microscopes from Leica Microsystems enable seamless integration of different fluorescence filters.
ARveo and M530 microscopes feature TriFluoro technology, enabling up to three modes of integrated ﬂuorescence in a single microscope.
FL400 can be upgraded onto existing Leica microscopes, so you can add new capabilities and expand your service offering without having to purchase a new microscope.*
*Available configurations vary by country. Please check with your local Leica Microsystems representative for product availability and registration status in your country.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts.
Do you prefer personal consulting? Show local contacts