NOTE: To have an overview of all Leica M844 F40 features, and how they fit into the surgical workflow, please download our brochure and/or contact your local Leica Microsystems Sales Representative.
Features, which optimize the surgical workflow
- Leica Wireless Footswitch (WFS)
- Two-in-One Display
- StepCycle: For a quick switch between over view and inner eye view during vitrectomy
- Auto Reset: all microscope functions automatically reset to individual start settings after each case.
- Leica Rotatable Beamsplitter (RBS)
In the operating room, wireless control of a surgical microscope provides:
- Convenience: maximum mobility for a fast and easy switch between left and right eye procedures, and there is no need to recharge the battery.
- Significant cost savings: No damaged cable and costly repairs of it.
- Uncompromized reliability: Each Leica Wireless Footswitch is uniquely paired with a specific communication interface that connects to the microscope control unit. Other wireless communicators are 'locked out'.
NOTE: The Leica Wireless Footswitch uses ISM bandwidth technology.
Leica Slit Lamp
The Leica intraoperative precision surgical slit lamp provides the precise visualization needed, in particular for membrane peeling cases. Save time in preparation and during surgery with:
- Slit beam adjustable in width and length to scan over the cornea from any position via foot pedal
- Limit switches for user-specific pre-positioning
- Quick-mount interface to comfortably, quickly install and remove the slit lamp
Integration of retinal accessories
The Leica M820 fully integrates the most commonly used wide-angle observation systems or stereo image inverters such as the Oculus SDI/BIOM. The surgeon can operate these vitreo-retinal accessories via the Leica microscope foot pedal. Therefore the system can be fully controlled by a single foot pedal instead of two.
Work in comfort
Leica Microsystems offers the widest choice of binoculars for perfect working ergonomics and viewing:
- 5°-25° binocular
- binocular inclined
- 0°-180° binocular
- 30°-150° binocular
- 10°-50° UltraLow II binocular: drops lower than conventional binoculars to compensate for height differences caused by auxiliary accessories stacked on the optics, such as inverters or laser shutters.
- 10°-50° binocular
*images top down
Option: Leica F40 floor stand
The Leica M820 F40 floor stand offers:
- Electromagnetic brakes
- Optional: Integrated, compact Med X Change HDMD™ All-in-One high-definition digital recording system including a 19'' flatscreen, 16:9 widescreen HD video and still images, wireless transfer of surgical cases to the Apple iPhone, iPod touch and iPad with the Med X Mobile App. (Exclusively available by Leica Microsystems)