Follow molecular interactions with FLIM-FRET
Modern research investigates how molecules interact to accomplish vital tasks. FLIM-FRET is the gold standard to explore these interactions.
STELLARIS 8 FALCON sets a new speed standard for FLIM instruments.
It enables FRET in highly dynamic cellular events. You can acquire and interpret FRET data in your daily experiments.
Monitor subtle and fast changes with biosensors
Biosensors are powerful reporters for metabolic activity, signaling mechanisms, pH and microenvironment changes.
STELLARIS 8 FALCON provides access to information contained in fluorescence lifetime, even for ultrafast events such as membrane potential dynamics. This information complements the spectral fluorescent intensity imaging and TauSense modes delivered by the STELLARIS 8 system.
More reliable and sensitive metabolic imaging
Autofluorescence can be an issue in conventional imaging. STELLARIS 8 FALCON turns it into valuable information. You can now transform autofluorescence into a reporter for metabolic status, cell differentiation, and cancer development.
Moreover, STELLARIS 8 FALCON enables imaging contrast in living tissue, where fluorescence labeling is often unspecific or destroys physiological conditions.
Fluorophore separation beyond the spectral options
Fluorescence labeling is the standard way to differentiate intracellular structures. Spectral separation is very powerful, but sometimes limited when the emission spectra are too close.
With STELLARIS 8 FALCON, you can exploit the full potential of fluorescence lifetime imaging to separate multiple fluorescent probes using exponential fitting, pattern fitting and the new FLIM phasor separation analysis.
Interactive image: Cytoskeleton structures distinguished by lifetime contrast. Vimentin immunolabeled with Alexa Fluor 555 (green), and tubulin immunolabeled with Alexa Fluor 546 (blue). The fluorophores are spectrally very similar, but they are separated using the fluorescence lifetime information. Image size: 512 x 512 pixels.
STELLARIS 8 FALCON for fast lifetime imaging
The STELLARIS 8 FALCON microscope overcomes the speed limitation of FLIM and opens the door to fast lifetime data.
Up to now, functional information extracted from fluorescence lifetime data of fast processes was hard to get due to the technical constraints of FLIM. FLIM acquisition speed was at least 10 times slower than recording the confocal intensity.
Using STELLARIS 8 FALCON fast lifetime contrast imaging, you can follow dynamic processes in cells at the appropriate pace. These tasks are possible thanks to a new way to measure time using TCSPC (Time-Correlated Single Photon Counting) together with intelligent algorithms for data handling and analysis.
Application note in Nature: SP8 FALCON: a novel concept in fluorescence lifetime imaging enabling video-rate confocal FLIM
All-in-one multimodal imaging
Combining FLIM with other modalities was never as easy as with the STELLARIS 8 FALCON. Until now, researchers had to cope with complex wiring and cumbersome file transfer tasks. With STELLARIS 8 FALCON, you can integrate lifetime information into your standard confocal workflow.
STELLARIS 8 FALCON is fully integrated in the LAS X acquisition and analysis software. It can record FLIM in four spectral channels simultaneously and up to 10 channels sequentially. STELLARIS 8 FALCON gives you access to lifetime contrast in 3D-stacks, time-lapse sequences, and even large mosaic-tiling formats.
With LAS X NAVIGATOR, you can expand your viewing area up to 10,000 times, saving precious time in identifying your regions of interest and exploring your samples in a whole new way.
Straightforward lifetime definition with phasors
Analysis with STELLARIS 8 FALCON using FLIM phasors provides a 2D visualization of lifetime components. With FLIM phasors you can follow microenvironmental changes, select components to multiplex signal and determine FRET efficiency.
The results you need – with one click
The LAS X software enables FLIM with a click and the same philosophy as the routine spectral imaging.
Even if you use microscopy as a complementary technique, you can find the essentials and start imaging right away.
More specialized functions are accessible as workflows and allow automation for your convenience.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- D.M.I. Medical Inc.Life Science Research: Confocal Microscopy, Widefield, Nanotechnology, Industry Microscopy, Clinical Microscopy, Surgical Microscopy, Digital Pathology, Cytovision, Aperio, Ariol, Histology Instruments, Histology Consumables, Advanced Staining Instruments, Advanced Staining Consumables, Kreatech Reagents, Thermobrite / Thermobrite Elite
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424
- DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071United StatesOffice Phone: 954-340-2727Fax: 954-340-1221