Enjoy spectral freedom with 4Tune
The number of transgenic and synthetic markers evolves constantly and rapidly. With the STELLARIS 8 DIVE you can keep up with these developments and adapt to existing and new fluorescent markers with just a few mouse clicks!
Spectral freedom results from the patent-pending, groundbreaking 4Tune technology for non-descanned detection. 4Tune detection allows you to adapt to the full emission and to separate strongly overlapping spectra.
The STELLARIS 8 DIVE enables you to optimally adapt to the emission of your markers – you can capture twice as much of the fluorescence signal, improve penetration depth, imaging speed and reduce phototoxicity for in vivo imaging.
The conventional dichroics are never optimal to distinguish all fluorophores, but with the spectral detectors, this is now possible and much easier, since we can really optimize for each fluorophore the wavelengths you want to detect.
Prof. Dr. Jacco van Rheenen. Netherlands Cancer Institute, Amsterdam (the Netherlands).
DIVE with ease – the 4Tune detector
The 4Tune non-descanned detection system can be equipped with 2 to 4 detectors and is freely configurable with hybrid detectors (Power HyD NDD), photomultipliers (PMTs), or a mix of both. The emission light is separated by a combination of variable dichroics and bandpass filters. Freely tune your detection over the whole visible spectrum (380 – 800 nm)!
The 4Tune user interface allows you to optimize the emission setting for multiple transgenic markers by simple drag and drop. Due to its clear and intuitive design, operating it is easy and requires minimal training.
With the STELLARIS 8 DIVE, you are equipped for every existing and newly developed transgenic marker and future proved for new developments!
Explore new dimensions in depth
With the STELLARIS 8 DIVE, you can tune for the deepest insight and finest detail. All excitation beams can be optimally adjusted independently for any objective using the new Vario Beam Expander (VBE).
The VBE allows for optimized colocalization and the right balance of resolution and depth in line with your research question.
Optimize for depth and resolution with the Vario Beam Expander
The Leica Vario Beam Expander VBE combines tunable beam diameter and tunable divergence. This offers you maximum depth, best resolution and full color correction.
Tunable beam diameter for best balance of resolution and depth
The STELLARIS 8 DIVE allows you to adapt to your sample requirements. Using the Vario Beam Expander, you can choose: Maximum resolution – which results from a fully illuminated back aperture of your objective lens – and maximized penetration depth – resulting from slightly underfilling the back aperture. Underfilling the back-aperture results in a larger focal volume and a reduced pathlength which leads to more efficient excitation.
Tunable beam divergence for full color correction
Our IR APO objectives do not suffer from chromatic aberations over the IR range. However, with STELLARIS 8 DIVE you are ready to use objective lens suitable for IR along with multiple IR laser lines: The Vario Beam Expander can be used to correct for chromatic shifts and enable meaningful multicolor experiments.
Reproducible results for multicolor deep in vivo imaging
Excite multiple transgenic markers in a single experiment with color separation. Or even do localized high precision photomanipulation and simultaneous imaging in a diffraction limited volume. The STELLARIS 8 DIVE can be equipped with up to three excitation lines simultaneously. With lasers tunable up to 1300 nm, you can even use red and far red dyes for multiphoton experiments. With higher wavelengths, less scattering enables deeper penetration and results in bright images full of detail from deep layers.
Meaningful multicolor experiments require stable conditions. Great mechanical stability combined with a beamcatcher ensure reliable performance. The beamcatcher easily accounts for drifts that are not in your hands – laser tuning, temperature fluctuations or construction work next door – the beamcatcher restores the overlay of IR and visible laser lines by easy software operation. For the most precise alignment expert users can even fine tune more – deep in vivo co-localization becomes feasible!
Get more information from your sample with fluorescence lifetime
4Tune can completely take advantage of fluorescence lifetime imaging (FLIM) using STELLARIS FALCON (FAstLifetime CONtrast), and TauSense.
This additional flexibility adds a new dimension to multiphoton imaging, enabling signal multiplexing and metabolic imaging.
Spatial flexibility for behavioral research
For behavioral experiments, equip your STELLARIS 8 DIVE with the DM8 CS microscope stand with extended workspace. The DM8 CS is mounted on a cascaded table which can be customized to your experimental requirements. The microscope stand provides you with the spatial flexibility for large and complex setups.
The STELLARIS 8 DIVE with the DM8 CS microscope stand enables you to perform experiments such as the monitoring of brain activities on awake animals.
The STELLARIS 8 DIVE with the DM8 CS microscope stand, which is mounted on a cascaded table, offers extended workspace for behavioral research.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424
- DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071United StatesOffice Phone: 954-340-2727Fax: 954-340-1221