Every photon counts
The Leica DFC9000 is built with a third-generation sCMOS sensor, currently state-of-the-art on the market. It performs with a quantum efficiency* of up to 82%.
- Capture even the faintest, previously undetected fluorescence signals
- See processes in the cell in the most realistic detail without unhealthy overexpression of the GFP-coupled protein
Reduce exposure times to a minimum
- Protect your cells, reducing stress, and minimizing phototoxicity effects
- Generate more reliable results with happy GFP-expressing cells
Protect your cells with high near-infrared sensitivity
- Use red-emitting fluorescence tags to further reduce cell damage
- Observe your cells with an outstanding spectral response of more than 60% quantum efficiency at 750 nm wavelength
*quantum efficiency depends on wavelength of light
Life in the fast lane
What happens in the time between the acquisition of two subsequent images? Until now, this has been a study in guesswork.
With a capture-rate of 50 frames per second (fps) via its USB 3.0 interface, the Leica DFC9000 GT is in the fast lane – and we’re talking full frames!
- Acquire real-time, high-speed time-lapse recordings with accurate time stamps
- Prove the intermediate steps of the complete temporal sequence of processes you are analyzing
If you want even more speed, you can freely define a region of interest to reduce readout area.
And if faster than fast is still not fast enough, use the Leica DFC9000 GTC variant:
With the Leica DFC9000 GTC, the camera can capture images at a rate of 90 fps full-frame via the Camera Link interface. If you want to reduce data volume and shorten exposure times further, choose from five binning modes to balance out resolution and data volume.
Catcher of the light
The Leica DFC9000 is designed for high-end fluorescence imaging of live cells such as time-lapse experiments.
Less noise means a better image. In technical terms, a high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) provides you with a crisp fluorescence signal against a dark background.
The Leica DFC9000 is a highly sensitive sCMOS camera:
- High quantum efficiency over the entire light spectrum with a maximum of 82%
- Low read noise of 0.9 e- at 216 MHz pixel clocking rate
- Cooled sensor; cooling to 0° Celsius by air circulation
These features make the Leica DFC9000 also ideally suited for our lightsheet system Leica TCS SP8 DLS.
Matchmaking by Leica
See more with imaging systems from one source: Leica Microsystems provides you with imaging systems specifically designed to take full advantage of sCMOS sensors to ensure that you do not miss any data.
The uniquely perfect match
- 19 mm diagonal of the Leica DFC9000’s sCMOS sensor
- 19 mm camera port with full optical correction in many Leica research microscopes
Acquire fewer images
- If you want to acquire tile scans or mosaics, fewer individual images are required
- Save time and protect your samples
Conduct your imaging orchestra
The Leica DFC9000 is part of a carefully tuned microscope platform capable of being triggered at high speed. Protect cells from unnecessary light, take advantage of fast filter changes for your multicolour imaging.
Leica Application Suite X software
Triggering is based on Leica Microsystems’ flexible electronic box system and Leica Application Suite X (LAS X) software.
- Flexible: Trigger up to 2 cameras with the electronic box
- Simultaneous: Combine the camera with DualView or Gemini for simultaneous acquisition of 2 wavelengths
A broad range of tools from the LAS X software available with the Leica DFC9000 provides you with the versatility to document your live cells and fixed specimens with ease.
- High-speed, real-time time-lapse
- Extended depth of focus
- 3D rendering and analysis
Are you not yet familiar with advanced camera features? Some of these features can be hidden in the user interface through a smart user access approach. Different levels of access can be granted to inexperienced users or experts, to make your workflow more efficient.
LAS X can be used with all Leica fluorescence cameras.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424
- DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071United StatesOffice Phone: 954-340-2727Fax: 954-340-1221