Why Freeze Fracture and Freeze Etching?
- Freeze fracture describes the technique of breaking a frozen specimen to reveal internal structures.
- Freeze etching is the sublimation of surface ice under vacuum to reveal details of the fractured face that were originally hidden.
They are the most sensitive techniques to preserve smallest details for TEM and cryo SEM analysis.
Read brief Introduction to Freeze Fracture and Etching in Science Lab.
Why Leica EM ACE900?
The Leica EM ACE900 is a high-end sample preparation system. Perform freeze fracture, freeze etching, and e-beam coating in one instrument.
Use the high resolution carbon/metal mix coatings by e-beam with rotating cryo stage for any TEM and SEM analysis offering flexible shadowing options.
With a load lock for sample and knife transfer and gate valves for each e-beam source, the instrument can always stay under vacuum which ensures fast and clean working conditions.
This instrument is bound to become your central EM sample processing tool.
No Boundaries to Research
The Leica EM ACE900 Freeze Fracture System has a redesigned cooling concept, microtome, shielding, e-beams, load locks, and offers a Leica EM VCT500 connection for protection of the sample during the complete cryo SEM working process.
Embedded in a modern user-interface there are no more barriers to operate.
Obtain New Insights
- Biology: membranes, bacteria, cell organelles, proteins
- Industry: cosmetic products, food, drugs
- Material research: emulsions, polymers, boundary layers, nano-structures, liquid crystals
Freeze fracture your samples for TEM (replica technique) or cryo SEM (with Leica EM VCT500 transfer).
High Reproducibility, High Specimen Protection
A perfect combination of automation and manual operation (fracturing) make preparation highly reproducible and flexible.
All relevant parameters are logged.
Large cryo-shields, sample shutter, optimized sample transfer and cryo microtome ensure highest protection of your samples.
No Barrier to Operate - Intuitive and Appealing User Interface
Dock the Leica EM VCT500 vacuum cryo transfer system to your Leica EM ACE900 system!
A Leica EM VCT500 dock can be directly attached to the Leica EM ACE900.
With the Leica EM VCT500 shuttle, specimens can be transferred to and from the instrument under perfect conditions for final examination in the cryo-SEM.
Obtain images of the highest resolution within only a few hours.
Process your samples fast with load locks for
- E-beam sources
- Sample holder
No need to wait until vacuum is reached.
Our electron microscopy sample preparation systems not only meet highest technical and ergonomic demands, but are also designed to have minimal environmental impact.
What does this mean for the Leica EM ACE900?
- LN2 consumption during cooling down has been reduced by approx. 87% in comparison to previous instruments.
- LN2 consumption for cryo work per hour has been reduced by approx. 58% in comparison to previous instruments.
- Time for cooling down to operation has been reduced by approx. 33% in comparison to previous instruments.
- Reduced size of the instrument leads to less packaging, shipping and transportation costs.
- Environmental management system DIN EN ISO 14001 has been implemented.
We act responsibly and obtained the DIN EN ISO 14001 certificate for Environmental Management in 2015.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424