Empower your decision-making with Augmented Reality
The ARveo microscope integrates the supplementary imaging information you need to make precise, confident decisions. Enhance your understanding with IGS data and our propriety GLOW Augmented Reality (AR) technology.
Building on a decade of leadership in fluorescence imaging, GLOW AR is ready to revolutionize the way you navigate your most challenging neurosurgical procedures.
A sophisticated imaging sensor and algorithms capture, optimize, and combine multiple spectral bands of visible and fluorescent light. The result is faithful, natural coloring of tissue and accurate representation of fluorescence intensity.
Our first modality is GLOW800 AR fluorescence, but this is just the start: GLOW AR technology is future-ready. Choose ARveo with built-in GLOW800 AR fluorescence, then simply upgrade as soon as the next modality is launched.
Augment your vascular neurosurgery
GLOW800 augmented reality (AR) fluorescence is the first fluorescence modality based on GLOW AR technology. Used in combination with ICG, it allows you to observe cerebral anatomy in natural color, augmented by real-time vascular flow, with full depth perception.
One complete picture without interruption
- A single, real-time view means no more need to recall and try to reconcile black and white NIR blood flow video with the natural anatomical view
- Full depth perception and no dark peripheries through image homogenization supports clear spatial orientation
- Whether AVM, aneurysm, bypass, or microvascular decompression, you always have the full view you need to confidently work in GLOW800 mode
Images courtesy of Cleopatra Charalampaki, MD, PhD, Professor of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Cologne Medical Center, Germany.
Look forwards to a 3D future
Continue to work with the full depth perception and high resolution you require without needing to look through the eyepieces.
- Visualize minute anatomical details on a much larger scale and with natural color differentiation on 31-inch or 55-inch 4K 3D monitor
- Choose to work heads-up and achieve a comfortable upright posture by positioning the optics carrier and cart-mounted 3D monitor exactly where you need them, this limits physical strain on the spine which can have a compounding effect over years in the OR
- Feel even more immersed in your surgical procedure thanks to the magnified view and uncompromised working position
Choose to view in the eyepieces
Prefer not to take your eyes off your patient to look at a screen during surgery?
With CaptiView image injection you see the imaging information you need in the highest resolution, directly in the eyepieces.
- CaptiView displays GLOW AR fluorescence, IGS data from leading manufacturers, microscope information, and additional input streams thanks to the OpenArchitecture design
- 1080p full HD display with LED backlight delivers high-resolution, high-contrast images so good there’s no need to break concentration to look at a screen
Share your view in 3D
While the ARveo microscope is built to empower your decision-making, we recognize that you also want to strengthen the skills of your team.
- CaptiView image injection allows your assistant to also view digital imaging directly in their eyepieces
- 3D visualization on screen can help improve your students’ understanding of complex cases and may even increase knowledge retention
- Shared 3D viewing on large 4K monitors helps support workflow by enabling your whole team to follow your every delicate move
Heads-up surgery – a new era in neurosurgery
Prof. Raphael Guzman from the University Hospital & Children’s Hospital in Basel, Switzerland explains how advances in the digital imaging quality of surgical microscopes, like the ARveo, have paved the way for new surgical operating approaches.
Find out what Prof. Guzman further says about the ergonomic advantages of heads-up surgery, its impact on teaching, and how the increased connectivity of the ARveo with other digital technologies, such as IGS, Augmented Reality Fluorescences, and patient information systems provides an enormous advantage for neurovascular surgery.
Prof. Raphael Guzman from the University Hospital & Children’s Hospital in Basel, Switzerland
Further augment your insight
View images from IGS systems and endoscopes via eyepieces or 4K 3D screens and further augment your surgical insight. Activate the additional information display with just one touch of the microscope handle.
Image guided surgery and robotic control
Clearly see your two-dimensional microscope image in relation to three-dimensional brain structures. Rotate, and manipulate your live data at will using software from the leading Image Guided Surgery (IGS) systems. Enjoy additional robotic control by integrating Brainlab Microscope Navigation software which enables:
- Setting of a position and angle, then with the touch of a button the microscope will automatically return to that position
- Selection of a point of focus, the ARveo will then move independently to remain focused on this point
- Positional tracking of the microscope with visualization of optical axis and focal point
The ARveo can display and record endoscope images from leading brands such as Aesculap.
A neuroendoscope can supplement your ARveo microscope with close-up visualization and instrument access to hidden structures.
FusionOptics makes the previously impossible, possible
The ARveo microscope has groundbreaking optical innovation at its heart: FusionOptics. Uniting an enhanced depth of field with high resolution, FusionOptics technology delivers unsurpassed visualization. When combined with 400 W xenon light and Small Angle Illumination, the result is a deep, bright view, in full focus.
The Technology of FusionOptics
- Two separate beam paths:
- One beam path provides high resolution.
- The other beam path provides depth of field.
- The brain merges the two images to a single optimal spatial image.
FL400 oncological fluorescence
The fluorescence module FL400 is used during open neurosurgery in conjunction with the active substance 5 aminolevulinic acid (5-ALA). It supports tumor resection by allowing differentiation of glioma tissue from healthy brain tissue.
FL560 was the first FDA 510(k)-cleared filter for fluorescence visualization of fluorophores with a peak between ~460 nm and ~500 nm.
It allows simultaneous observation of natural-colored anatomy and fluorescent areas, which glow a bright yellowish-green color.
GLOW800 AR fluorescence
GLOW800 AR fluorescence takes the high contrast of NIR imaging with ICG and combines it with white light for a single view of natural-colored anatomy augmented by real-time vascular flow.
The ARveo microscope has been thoughtfully designed to adapt to your preferred style of working and body frame.
Positioned for your comfort
- Flexible use of long instruments thanks to large 600 mm working distance
- Effortless adaptation to different body frames with a choice of binoculars all with 360° rotation and versatile positioning of the optics carrier
- Optimal visualization for rear assistant with independent fine focus
- Lightweight handling and extensive range of movement of the optics carrier limits potential strain from harsh movements
Workflows that simply flow
A leap forward in technology is only useful if it’s used. With ergonomics and efficiency factored into every design decision, from software to switch, you can experience all the benefits of augmented reality-enhanced surgery, without interrupting workflow.
- Single-button auto-balance enables fast, simple pre-operative and intra-operative balancing
- Fast set-up pre-surgery with integrated one-touch drape air removal system that works with multiple surgical drapes
- Integrated digital AR technologies and recording systems are easily controlled via handle, wireless footswitch or new multi-directional mouthswitch for uninterrupted working
Made to withstand
The premium overhead stand from our partner Mitaka was designed and built for intensive, flexible use in the operating room.
Inspired by aerospace technology, it has a robust full-metal construction with long reach and a compact footprint.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009
Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437 United StatesOffice Phone : 952-881-0414
D.M.I. Medical Inc.Life Science Research: Confocal Microscopy, Widefield, Nanotechnology, Industry Microscopy, Clinical Microscopy, Surgical Microscopy, Digital Pathology, Cytovision, Aperio, Ariol, Histology Instruments, Histology Consumables, Advanced Staining Instruments, Advanced Staining Consumables, Kreatech Reagents, Thermobrite / Thermobrite Elite
D.M.I. Medical IncHistology Systems, Novocastra Reagents and associated instruments, EM Sample Preparation
ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227 United StatesOffice Phone : 410-299-2711
Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078 United StatesOffice Phone : 701-391-3333Service Phone : 701-391-3333Fax : 701-364-0307
ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804 United StatesOffice Phone : 865-984-8058
Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734 United StatesOffice Phone : 713-201-8787
Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515 United StatesOffice Phone : 312-520-7600Fax : 219-662-7353
Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050 United StatesOffice Phone : 516-487-1175Fax : 516-487-1191
JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539 United StatesOffice Phone : 408-436-6336Fax : 408-439-6343
Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965 United StatesOffice Phone : 415-331-1020Fax : 415-462-5186
Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105 United StatesOffice Phone : 605-334-8655Fax : 605-334-9102
Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207 United StatesOffice Phone : 913-341-7520Fax : 913-341-2318
Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 9194526288
Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 9194526288
TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029 United StatesOffice Phone : 425-785-9993Fax : 800-832-1859
Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108 United StatesOffice Phone : 720-244-4679Fax : 303-331-8128
Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 919-309-4463Service Phone : 919-812-9500Fax : 919-309-4742
DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071 United StatesOffice Phone : 954-340-2727Fax : 954-340-1221