Disclaimer: The statements of the healthcare professional in this video reflect only his opinion and personal experience. His statements do not necessarily reflect the opinion of any institution with whom he is affiliated.
Professor Küntscher describes his first impressions having used the M530 OHX surgical microscope with GLOW800 AR system and why he thinks more microsurgeons will soon use this state-of-the-art technology. He explains how he was amazed to really see how the blood flows through the flap.
The Leica surgical microscope is equipped with ICG fluorescence cameras (FL800 and GLOW800 AR), which enhance blood flow inspection:
- allowing the operating team to visualize the blood flow throughout the graft in real-time.
- making verifying graft perfusion safer, particularly in people with very pale or dark skin.
- ensuring all of the graft is well-perfused, even to the distal end.
- helping the surgical team make critical decisions about graft revision.
The M530 OHX microscope has precise optical quality and is very light and easy to manoeuvre.
- The long, lightweight arm and its wide arc of motion reaches even the edges of the operating room.
- The smooth, precise movement allows the surgeon to position the microscope on any surgical site easily.
- The speedspot laser focus makes it quick and easy to find the optimal focal point.
- It is easy to transport from the operating room to intensive care/recovery room to control graft blood flow in difficult cases.
The M530 OHX surgical microscope is equipped with a broad screen and video-capturing features:
- improving operating teamwork as the whole operating team with a precise view of the surgical site.
- making it easier for the surgical team to anticipate surgical steps.
- providing valuable resources for academic teaching and scientific communication.
If you would like to learn more about GLOW800 AR fluorescence and Leica Microsystems solutions for gender -reaffirming surgery please contact your local Leica sales representative.