Digital microscopes are optical microscopes operated without eyepieces; the image is observed directly on an electronic display. The Leica
DVM6 digital microscope provides users with an even easier and more rapid way to record high quality, reliable image data and make quick
analysis leading to greater efficiency when inspecting microelectronic parts.
Multiple features of the Leica DVM6 make it easy to use and render the inspection and analysis workflow more efficient:
- Intuitive software for microscope operation and data analysis;
- Efficient, simple way to change magnification over the entire range (12 : 1 to 2,350 : 1);
- Encoding (automated tracking and storing) of important parameters, e.g., stage, optics, illumination, and camera settings, for rapid recall at any time;
- Fast and easy microscope head tilting and sample rotation;
- Integrated LED (light-emitting diode) ring light and coaxial illumination allowing versatile contrast;
- High performance digital camera with fast live image and 10 MP resolution; and
- Software enabled/supported capture modes, e.g. XY and XYZ stitching and high-dynamic-range (HDR) etc.
This report discusses how the first 3 points above contribute to a faster, more reliable workflow. For more detail on the latter four aspects please refer to this article on fast and reliable inspection of PCBs.