Multiple features of the Leica DVM6 make it easy to use and render the inspection and analysis workflow more efficient:
- Intuitive software for microscope operation and data analysis;
- Efficient, simple way to change magnification over the entire range (12 : 1 to 2,350 : 1);
- Encoding (automated tracking and storing) of important parameters, e.g., stage, optics, illumination, and camera settings, for rapid recall at any time;
- Fast and easy microscope head tilting and sample rotation;
- Integrated LED (light-emitting diode) ring light and coaxial illumination allowing versatile contrast;
- High performance digital camera with fast live image and 10 MP resolution; and
- Software enabled/supported capture modes, e.g. XY and XYZ stitching and high-dynamic-range (HDR) etc.
This report discusses how the first 3 points above contribute to a faster, more reliable workflow. For more detail on the latter four aspects please refer to this article on fast and reliable inspection of PCBs.