Which features of a digital microscope lead to reliable analysis and greater workflow efficiency?
Multiple features of the Leica DVM6 make it easy to use and render the inspection and analysis workflow more efficient:
- Intuitive software for microscope operation and data analysis;
- Efficient, simple way to change magnification over the entire range (12 : 1 to 2,350 : 1);
- Encoding (automated tracking and storing) of important parameters, e.g., stage, optics, illumination, and camera settings, for rapid recall at any time;
- Fast and easy microscope head tilting and sample rotation;
- Integrated LED (light-emitting diode) ring light and coaxial illumination allowing versatile contrast;
- High performance digital camera with fast live image and 10 MP resolution; and
- Software enabled/supported capture modes, e.g. XY and XYZ stitching and high-dynamic-range (HDR) etc.
This report discusses how the first 3 points above contribute to a faster, more reliable workflow. For more detail on the latter four aspects please refer to this article on fast and reliable inspection of PCBs.
Quick and easy to setup and get started
Operation of the Leica DVM6 digital microscope only requires a power cable and a USB cable connected to a computer running the Leica Application Suite X (