Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise.
Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: Life Science, Industry and Medical.
The company is represented in over 100 countries with 6 manufacturing facilities in 5 countries, sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany.
- Sample Preparation of Lithium battery systems requires high quality surface preparation to evaluate their internal structure and morphology. Due to the brittle materials involved, preparing pristine…Read article
- The Cell DIVE System includes a carefully curated list of hundreds of commercially available antibodies validated to offer optimal specificity and sensitivity in multiplexed imaging. That validation…Read article
- This article shows how fast, high-contrast, and sharp imaging of stratified human corneal epithelial cells with THUNDER imaging technology for dry eye disease (DED) research allows membrane ridges to…Read article
- In this interview, Asheesh Tewari, MD, details his experience with Proveo 8 with EnFocus Intraoperative OCT from Leica Microsystems. He finds it a powerful tool in treating his diabetic patients.…Read article
- Surgical microscopes play an essential role in the modern microsurgery procedures. It provides the surgeon, assistant and operating room staff with a magnified and illuminated high-quality image of…Read article
- For live-cell CLEM applications, light microscopy imaging is a critical step for identifying the right cell in the right state at the right time. In this article, Leica experts share their insights on…Read article
- This study comprehensively evaluates the effects of different clearing media on tissue transparency and shrinkage by comparing freshly dissected dipteran fly brains with their cleared equivalents.…Read article
- Leica Microsystems’ Nano workflow combines dynamic data with the best possible sample fixation (EM ICE 70) by high pressure freezing. However, good sample preservation won’t help if your cells are…Read article