Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise.
Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: Life Science, Industry and Medical.
The company is represented in over 100 countries with 6 manufacturing facilities in 5 countries, sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany.
- Coming next on MicaCam - Livestream on 19th October 2022 - In this episode of MicaCam, we show how adding additional markers to an apoptosis kit can markedly increase the amount of information a…Read article
- In this article, it is examined how an overall efficient and cost-effective cleanliness analysis workflow can be achieved with a 2-methods-in-1 materials analysis solution, combining optical…Read article
- The influence of sample preparation and ultraviolet (UV) laser microdissection (UV LMD) on the quality of RNA from murine-brain tissue cryo-sections is described in this article. To obtain good…Read article
- Choosing the right cleanliness analysis solution is important for optimal quality control. This article discusses the important factors that should be taken into account to find the solution that best…Read article
- Identifying fibroblasts phenotypes can help researchers understand the relationship between distinct diseases and inflammation mechanisms. Fibroblasts perform a wide variety of immune and repair roles…Read article
- The fluorescence lifetime is a measure of how long a fluorophore remains on average in its excited state before returning to the ground state by emitting a fluorescence photon.Read article
- VIDEO ON DEMAND - In this episode of MicaCam, our special guest George Galea from EMBL Heidelberg will look at HeLa Kyoto cells treated with various chemotherapeutic agents to investigate their effect…Read article
- Devices, products, and their components fabricated in many industries can be quite sensitive to contamination and, as a result, have stringent requirements for technical cleanliness. Measurement…Read article
- VIDEO ON DEMAND - This edition of MicaCam offers practical advice on the extraction of publication grade insights from microscopy images. Our special guest Luciano Lucas (Leica Microsystems) will…Read article
- Multiplexed imaging is an emerging and exciting way to extract information from human tissue samples by visualizing many more biomarkers than traditional microscopy. By observing many biomarkers…Read article