Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise.
Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: Life Science, Industry and Medical.
The company is represented in over 100 countries with 6 manufacturing facilities in 5 countries, sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany.
- This article discusses the reasons why paper-based documentation and reporting makes visual microscope inspection of medical devices inefficient and unreliable. It also addresses other factors…Read article
- TauSTED, with low photon budget and the fast detection scheme in our STELLARIS confocal platform, enables the tracking of highly dynamic processes in live cells. We can see in this example the…Read article
- Three-dimensional organization of the mitotic spindle together with the distribution of CENP-C and BUB1 based on TauSTED with multiple STED lines (592, 660 and 775 nm) can provide insights on…Read article
- This article discusses the benefits of using the THUNDER technology for imaging inside 3D human cortical brain organoids. These organoids are derived from human induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs)…Read article
- Metabolic imaging based on fluorescence lifetime provides insights into the metabolic dynamics of cells, but its use has been limited as expertise in advanced microscopy techniques was needed. Now,…Read article
- During the last decade, 3D cell culture has been established as a more realistic model compared to classical 2D culture systems. Cells can develop into miniature 3D objects, so called spheroids, which…Read article
- Life is fast, especially for a cell. As a rule, cells should be examined under physiological conditions which are as close as possible to their natural environment. New technologies offer tremendous…Read article
- Leica Microsystems is a pioneer in the field of fluorescence microscopy technology, developing innovative fluorescent modules for various medical applications. Our TriFluoro filter concept enables up…Read article
- Dr. Mace will describe new advances in our understanding of the regulation of human NK cell actin cytoskeletal remodeling in cell migration and immune synapse formation derived from confocal and…Read article
- We have developed a microscopy-based pipeline to characterize a developmentally critical behavior at the pupal stage of development, called the ecdysis sequence. We study brain-wide neuronal activity…Read article