Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise.
Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: Life Science, Industry and Medical.
The company is represented in over 100 countries with 6 manufacturing facilities in 5 countries, sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany.
- Stefan Finke studies virus-host interactions. It turns out that the ways the virus and host interact are different when comparing results from classical laboratory monolayer cell lines and “close to…Read article
- In this case study Prof. Dr. Feres Chaddad talks about the treatment of AVMs. It illustrates how the Augmented Reality Fluorescence GLOW800 can help surgeons during microsurgical resection by…Read article
- Deconvolution is a computational method used to restore the image of the object that is corrupted by the point spread function (PSF) along with sources of noise. In this technical brief, learn how the…Read article
- Understanding cell functions in normal and tumorous tissue is a key factor in advancing research of potential treatment strategies and understanding why some treatments might fail. Single-cell…Read article
- Vascular neurosurgery is highly complex. Surgeons need to be able to rely on robust anatomical information. As such, visualization technologies play an essential role. Prof. Nils Ole Schmidt is a…Read article
- Anterior segment surgery ranges from routine cataract surgery to more complex procedures such as Descemet Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSAEK), Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty…Read article
- The analysis of fired cartridges for primer cup morphology and flattening and firing pin impression (crater) depth using topographic data is discussed in this article. Topographical analysis of the…Read article
- Correlative light and electron microscopy (CLEM) advances biological discoveries by merging different microscopes and imaging modalities to study systems in 4D. Combining fluorescence microscopy with…Read article
- This article describes how a 2-methods-in-1 solution combining optical microscopy and laser induced breakdown spectroscopy (LIBS) can be utilized for identification of particulate contaminants in the…Read article
- With highly competitive NIH budgets and ever-increasing restrictions on federal spending, getting noticed and winning an NIH R grant is far more difficult and highly competitive than it has ever been.…Read article
- Devon Brewer describes the essentials for pursuing research grants from private foundations and corporations.Read article
- Visual and chemical analysis of contamination on materials with a 2-methods-in-1 solution leading to an efficient, more complete analysis workflow is described in this report. A 2-in-1 solution,…Read article