Leica Microsystems is a world leader in microscopes and scientific instruments. Founded as a family business in the nineteenth century, the company’s history was marked by unparalleled innovation on its way to becoming a global enterprise.
Its historically close cooperation with the scientific community is the key to Leica Microsystems’ tradition of innovation, which draws on users’ ideas and creates solutions tailored to their requirements. At the global level, Leica Microsystems is organized in three divisions, all of which are among the leaders in their respective fields: Life Science, Industry and Medical.
The company is represented in over 100 countries with 6 manufacturing facilities in 5 countries, sales and service organizations in 20 countries, and an international network of dealers. The company is headquartered in Wetzlar, Germany.
- As biological questions get more complex, there is an increasing need to study multiple events simultaneously in the same specimen. When preparing the specimen for imaging experiments, this need is…Read article
- The rating of non-metallic inclusions (NMIs) to determine steel quality is critical for many industrial applications. For an efficient and cost-effective steel quality evaluation, an automated NMI…Read article
- The main performance features of a microscope which are critical for rapid, ergonomic, and precise microscopic analysis of pathology specimens are described in this article. Microscopic analysis of…Read article
- Biomarkers can be used as indicators of certain diseases, such as cancer. The tumor microenvironment moved into the spotlight in this concern. It is in close interaction with the tumor itself.…Read article
- This webinar will provide an overview of the significance of non-metallic inclusions in steel and outline the important global standards for rating the quality of steel and difficulties that arise in…Read article
- Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery procedures can be delicate. Visualization solutions play an essential role, allowing to perform the surgery in the best conditions. And more and more plastic…Read article
- Spine surgery is extremely delicate and requires extensive training and experience. Innovative visualization technologies can also help achieve better outcomes allowing to see more and have a clearer…Read article
- Cryo-electron microscopy is an increasingly popular modality to study the structures of macromolecular complexes and has enabled numerous new insights in cell biology. In recent years, cryo-electron…Read article
- An optical microscope is often one of the central devices in a life-science research lab. It can be used for various applications which shed light on many scientific questions. Thereby the…Read article
- Stereo microscopes are often nicknamed the “workhorse” of the lab or production site. Users spend many hours looking through the eyepieces inspecting, observing, documenting, or dissecting samples.…Read article
- Rapid, accurate, and reliable rating of non-metallic inclusions (NMIs) is instrumental for the determination of steel quality. This article describes the challenges that arise from manual NMI rating,…Read article
- The study of natural killer (NK) cells holds tremendous promise for developing novel immunotherapies. NK cells derived from induced pluripotent stem cells (iPSCs) can be used to create an easily…Read article