Laser Microdissection, also known as LMD or LCM (Laser Capture Microdissection), is a contact- and contamination-free method for isolating specific single cells or entire areas of tissue from a wide variety of tissue samples. The thickness, texture and preparation technique of the original tissue are relatively unimportant. The dissectate is then available for further molecular biological methods such as PCR, real-time PCR, proteomics and other analytical techniques. Laser microdissection is now used in a large number of research fields, e.g. neurology, cancer research, plant analysis, forensics or climate research. The method is meanwhile also applied for manipulation of cell cultures or for microengraving of coverslips.
Our LMD Systems are perfect tools to optimize DNA-Workflows (Genomics), RNA-Workflows (Transcriptomics) and Proteomic-Workflows as they allow to precisely define and collect pure starting material for analysis under visual control.
Leica Laser Capture Microdissection Products
- Biomarkers can be used as indicators of certain diseases, such as cancer. The tumor microenvironment moved into the spotlight in this concern. It is in close interaction with the tumor itself.…Read article
Observing the effect on transcription factor signaling and chromatin landscapes in cells infected with the human coronavirus 229EViral infection triggers an inflammatory cellular response which is characterized by altered gene expression. In this study, the influence of coronaviruses on cellular NF-κB (transcription factor)…Read article
- Lectin microarray (LMA) is a highly sensitive technology used to obtain the global glycomic profiles of endogenous glycoproteins in biological samples including formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue…Read article
- Brain research: Single neuron excision for RNA analysis - Improve your workflow with laser microdissection - Parkinson’s disease is a common progressive neurodegenerative disorder. It is connected…Read article
- Brain Research: Collect pure starting material for proteomics - Improve your workflow with Laser Microdissection - Many brain diseases result from protein malfunction, misfolding and agglutination.…Read article
- DNA mutations lead to abnormal proteins or missing functional proteins, which can cause cells to multiply uncontrollably and become cancerous. To find and understand the underlying mutation for a…Read article
Nanodroplet Processing Platform for Deep and Quantitative Proteome Proﬁling of 10–100 Mammalian CellsNanoscale or single-cell technologies are critical for biomedical applications. However, current mass spectrometry (MS)-based proteomic approaches require samples comprising a minimum of thousands of…Read article
- In this webinar, you will learn: - How to perform isolated proteomics of microscopic regions of interest - How to use this technique with FFPE tissue - How proteomics can help you understand…Read article
- Seeing is believing, this is what makes microscopes, imaging systems, or box-type imagers so important for researchers in many different fields like pathology research, cancer research, neuroscience,…Read article
MicroRNA Expression Profiling to Identify and Validate Reference Genes for the Relative Quantification of microRNA in Rectal CancerApplication example for laser microdissection (LMD) - MicroRNAs (miRNAs) play important roles in regulating biological processes at the post-transcriptional level. Deregulation of miRNAs has been…Read article
- During Leica workshops for LMD users in Brazil, hosted by the Federal University of Paraná/UFPR (UFPR) at the Centro de Energia Nuclear na Agricultura/USP (CENA), the power of laser microdissection…Read article
- Tumor development results from mutations in our DNA. For their deeper analysis, cancer researchers have to dissect the relevant tissue areas. Here we report the reason why laser microdissection is a…Read article
- The main topic during this course was how to apply laser microdissection in neuroscience. Leica specialists demonstrated why laser microdissection is a suitable techniques for brain investigation as…Read article
- During the first Leica Workshop in Brazil, at the Centro de Energia Nuclear na Agricultura/USP (CENA), the participants learned how to prepare samples for laser microdissection (LMD) using a cryotome.…Read article
Workflows & Protocols: How to Use a Leica Laser Microdissection System and Qiagen Kits for Successful RNA AnalysisLaser Microdissection (LMD) allows isolating individual cells or chromosomes and is a well established technique for sample preparation prior downstream analysis of the nucleic acid content via PCR or…Read article
Total RNA Isolation after Laser-capture Microdissection of Human Cervical Squamous Epithelial Cells from Fresh Frozen TissueAs most tissue specimens contain a mixture of different cell types including epithelial cells, stromal cells and immune cells, selection of the cells of interest is of utmost importance for the…Read article
- Correlative light electron microscopy (CLEM) combines the advantages of light and electron microscopy, thus making it possible to follow dynamic events in living cells at nanometre resolution. Various…Read article
- Gliomas are mostly incurable secondary to their diffuse infiltrative nature. Thus, specific therapeutic targeting of invasive glioma cells is an attractive concept. As cells exit the tumor mass and…Read article
Glucose-Regulated Protein 78 (Grp78) Confers Chemoresistance to Tumor Endothelial Cells under Acidic StressThis study was designed to investigate the activation of the unfolded protein response (UPR) in tumor associated endothelial cells (TECs) and its association with chemoresistance during acidic pH…Read article
- Secondary plant metabolites are involved in various plant physiological and biochemical processes, allowing plants to interact successfully with their biotic and abiotic environment. Distribution…Read article
Sorbin and SH3 Domain‐Containing Protein 2 Is Released from Infarcted Heart in the Very Early Phase: Proteomic Analysis of Cardiac Tissues From PatientsMany animal experiments have been performed to date to elucidate the mechanism of cardiac ischemic injury, and these studies have enhanced our understanding of cardiac remodeling following hypoxic…Read article
Production of RNA for Transcriptomic Analysis from Mouse Spinal Cord Motor Neuron Cell Bodies by Laser Capture MicrodissectionHigh-quality total RNA has been prepared from cell bodies of mouse spinal cord motor neurons by laser capture microdissection after staining spinal cord sections with Azure B in 70% ethanol.…Read article
- New and far-reaching applications have recently been opened up in the field of laser microdissection. In addition to conventional dissection, the laser microdissection system (LMD) of Leica…Read article
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009