Save time for 2D and 3D analysis
Optimize your workflow with the DVM6 digital microscope LAS X software from Leica Microsystems.
LAS X.next, a streamlined software user interface, helps you to save time when acquiring 2D and 3D scanned images*. This makes task-flows clearer, simpler and intuitive for operators due to its streamlined user interface and fast navigation.
Carry out your component analysis faster. LAS X.next guides you through image acquisition, measurement**, and reporting, providing an efficient workflow and reliable reproducibility of results. It provides a straightforward operation for the DVM6 system for faster completion of your work steps.
- Fast and straightforward navigation: Predefined task-flows help to reduce complexity, therefore saving time for users with different levels of experience
- Smart illumination: Assisted image brightness algorithms make it effortless to get the perfect image setting
- Easy acquisition of 2D and 3D images: Use interactive scan points to define a scan area or volume
* Results depend on sample, used objective, zoom and microscope settings.
** Measurement results depend on used objective, zoom and microscope settings.
Why you can reproduce results easily
- Zoom range is continuously encoded and calibrated
- All instrument components are sensor-controlled
- All settings saved with every image, e.g. illumination, position, magnification
- Create a report for 2D and 3D measurements with one click
Accuracy matters – tested and guaranteed
The repeatability of the stage and focus column for DVM6 A/S is:
- XY-Axis: +/- 3um
- Z-Axis: +/- 0.5um
The linearity of the stage and focus column is:
- XY-Axis: 0.2%
- Z-Axis: 0.1%
Ease of use: One step from macro to micro
With the DVM6, you can get from the big picture to smallest details in an instant. You can seamlessly carry on working even if changing objective is required, as the sample always stays in focus and no pre-adjustments are needed. With the tilting function you can observe your sample from different angles from up to ±60°.
Why the Leica DVM6 saves you time
- 16:1 zoom range makes changing between magnifications fast
- 2350x magnification shows you details down to 0.4 micrometers on the same microscope
- Horizontal field of view ranges from 35 mm to 0.18 mm at same focus level
You will become an expert in virtually no time!
- Work seamlessly thanks to one-handed objective change
- Stay focused and operate the tilting function with one hand
- Hybrid manual-motorized operation of X, Y and Z - smart automation helps you to be faster
- Easy to operate, so little training time is needed
Image quality: See more with crisper images
Obtain excellent image quality! The Leica DVM6 has top notch optics that the Leica brand is famous for. Choose from different integrated LED illumination options and reveal more details. Capture your image in natural colors with a high-resolution camera.
High quality objectives for your inspection and imaging tasks
Easily change magnification from 12x to 2,350x with one hand to inspect your samples. Choose the PlanApo objective that best fits your needs, and see more with the 16:1 zoom range.
Low Magnification Objective: Leica PlanApo FOV 43.75
This objective is ideally suited for large overviews as well as detailed measurement tasks. It provides you with magnifications up to 190x and long working distances up to 60 mm.
Mid Magnification Objective: Leica PlanApo FOV 12.55
This flexible objective for your everyday routine work features a wide magnification range. You can quickly and easily gain more insight with 46x to 675x magnification and keep a comfortable 33 mm working distance.
High Magnification Objective: Leica PlanApo FOV 3.60
This high power objective is ideally suited for magnification up to 2,350x at 425 nm resolution. Enjoy working with this objective to see more details thanks to the PlanApo corrected zoom optics from Leica Microsystems.
Why you can discover more with the Leica DVM6
- 10-megapixel high-resolution camera
- Fast live image display with more than 30 frames per second
- More details with excellent PlanApo-corrected Leica optics
- Illuminate your sample uniformly even at large field of view
- Combine illumination and contrasting options in various ways to highlight your sample features best
Discover your possibilities with optional accessories
With a wide variety of illumination options and accessories you can:
- Explore hard-to-image regions of interest with the BLI Transmitted Illumination Adapter (Backlight Illumination) for precise analysis of thermal vias in PCBs or inspection of transparent materials, for example.
- Effectively reduce glare on reflective samples, such as polished metal surfaces with the Diffusor Adapter.
- Accurately identify particle contamination or material properties with the Polarizer Adapter.
- Easily access any sample, even if it is large or bulky with a larger microscope stand - the DVM6 interface module allows you to mount the zoom module onto an XL focus column from Leica Microsystems.
Find your Leica DVM6 configuration
The Leica DVM6 digital microscope is available in three different configurations to help you find the solution that best fits your application and budget needs.
Choose between three options
- Do you need high resolution images and application versatility? The DVM6 C is the perfect microscope if you cannot compromise on image quality.
- Are you also looking for multi-focus images and 3D-analysis? With the DVM6 S you add the comfort of a motorized focus to the imaging capabilities. And you will love the autofocus.
- Would you also like to scan larger areas in high resolution? The DVM6 A is the recommended microscope if versatility is required. You can capture large images in XYZ with just a single click.
Contact us for more information on the DVM6 configurations.
Adaptable to larger samples
Leica DVM6 M – Digital Microscope Zoom Module
If your sample is too large or bulky for the standard Leica DVM6 configurations, the modular DVM6 M offers you more configuration flexibility for a wide range of applications.
With a special interface adapter, the DVM6 M zoom module can be used with selected stands from the Leica M series. This allows you to examine larger and higher samples.
Customize the DVM6 M to your needs.
For large surface inspection of automotive parts
DVM6 M with
- Low magnification objective PlanApo FOV 43.75
- Motorized focus with profile column 620 mm M series
- Universal base plate, XL
For quick quality control in electronic production
DVM6 M with
- Low magnification objective PlanApo FOV 43.75
- Coarse/fine focusing drive with profile column 420 mm M series
- Universal base plate, XL
- Gliding stage, clampable
For quality assurance of medical devices
DVM6 M with
- Mid magnification objective PlanApo FOV 12.55
- Motorized focus with profile column 620 mm
- TL5000 Ergo Transmitted Light Base
Earth sciences: One tool to do everything
The DVM6 M Pol configuration with rotating stage
Have you sometimes wished for one single microsope to look at all your geological samples – prepared and unprepared? Now it’s available!
Leica offers a digitial microscope solution for polarized light applications: The DVM6 M Pol configuration , including a rotatable stage.
From thin sections to entire fossils, inspect everything with just one instrument. Enjoy working with more illumination options, e.g. integrated ring light, coaxial light, and a transmitted light base with high numerical aperture.
Feature list Leica DVM6
- Manual or motorized versions
- All system components encoded – also for the manual version
- Motorized versions are hybrid and can be operated manually as well for fast coarse positioning
- Zoom module with 16:1 zoom range
- Integrated 10-megapixel high-resolution camera
- PlanApo-corrected Leica optics with long working distance
- Motorized and software-controlled Iris diaphragm
- Integrated ring light and coaxial LED illumination
- Snap-on adapters for ring light contrasting (polarizer, diffusor, low angle illumination)
- Backlight illumination for translucent samples
- Tilting stand for one-handed operation, tilting from -60° to +60°
- Focus drive with a travel range of 60 mm
- XY stage with a travel range of 70 mm x 50 mm
- Autofocus with two options: one shot on region of interest, or continuous autofocus
- LAS X software
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- D.M.I. Medical Inc.Life Science Research: Confocal Microscopy, Widefield, Nanotechnology, Industry Microscopy, Clinical Microscopy, Surgical Microscopy, Digital Pathology, Cytovision, Aperio, Ariol, Histology Instruments, Histology Consumables, Advanced Staining Instruments, Advanced Staining Consumables, Kreatech Reagents, Thermobrite / Thermobrite Elite
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424
- DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071United StatesOffice Phone: 954-340-2727Fax: 954-340-1221