High throughput for better statistics and workflow efficiency
Automate your 3D cell culture assays to study next-generation disease models efficiently. THUNDER enables you to image large sample volumes, such as lung organoids, at high speed. In addition, the automation minimizes user interaction even for complex experiments.
The outcome is:
- precise and reliable data in less time
- higher throughput
- better statistics and results
Optimal physiological conditions - minimum light exposure
For 3D cell culture, observing the true physiology is paramount for meaningful results. Typically, you want to investigate your cells while they are in a close to natural state by optimizing experimental conditions, e.g., the lowest light intensity and shortest exposure times possible.
THUNDER Imager Live Cell & 3D Cell Culture meets these demands with a high-end LED source that has a small bandwidth optimized for excitation. Even with low illumination and short exposure times, the sensitive high-end sCMOS camera delivers meaningful image information thanks to a quantum efficiency of up to 82%.
To further reduce exposure of the sample to light, illumination is limited to the actual recording time. The camera shutter is synchronized with the high-speed (20 µs switching time) Lumencor LED light source to minimize photobleaching.
Image at the speed of life – Cellular processes
Life is fast, especially for a cell. Most modern live cell imaging experiments demand high-speed systems.
THUNDER Imager Live Cell & 3D Cell Culture provides you with the power of highly sensitive sCMOS camera-based fluorescence systems working with full frames in one shot.
In combination with high sensitivity, THUNDER Imager Live Cell & 3D Cell Culture allows you to capture data at up to 90 frames per second, helping you to observe fast cellular events. It captures blur-free image data quickly even deep inside a thick 3D cell cluster. You can stay on top of fast processes even during multiple emission wavelength experiments thanks to fast-switching external filter wheels (< 27 ms).
Keep the right environment while observing your live cell cultures
THUNDER Imager Live Cell & 3D Cell Culture has all you need to maintain your cells at a close to natural state. The incubator ensures optimal physiological conditions for living cell cultures, such as system stability, humidity, temperature, and carbon dioxide level (pH value).
Thanks to the water immersion microdispenser, you can use a water-immersion objective for multiwell workflows even when you are doing long-term experiments. Water immersion objectives enable higher light collection leading to acquisition of cell images with higher contrast and resolution.
Master time-lapse multi-position experiments: tracking cell changes
THUNDER Imager Live Cell & 3D Cell Culture offer both speed and reliability for your 3D cell culture multiwell experiments. For example, when tracking the growth and development of spheroids and organoids, its speed and reliability allows you to obtain excellent results.
Accurate time-lapse multi-position experiments and tracking of cell changes are achieved with this THUNDER Imager due to:
- Reliable drift correction with the Adaptive Focus Control (AFC)
- Software autofocus that compensates for changes in specimen position
- Reproducible Z-positioning with a precision of up to 20 nm (closed-loop focus)
Get more data points in less time with the new Quantum Stage. It moves rapidly and accurately (e.g. 10 positions per second) to all positions with an excellent repeatability (< ±0.25 µm), as there is no jiggling.
Routine, reliable data acquisition
THUNDER Imager Live Cell & 3D Cell Culture enable reliable image data acquisition with accurate focus maintained on the live cells at all times.
Live cell imaging is often tricky, because of drift, morphology change, or growth of the cells. Drift is caused by vibrations, mechanical creep, or temperature fluctuations. Both drift and cell changes can reduce the reliability of the acquired image data, as focus becomes an issue. Thanks to the Adaptive Focus Control (AFC), closed-loop focus, and software autofocus, THUNDER Imager Live Cell & 3D Cell Culture reliably maintains focus for your multi well experiments.
Find the THUNDER Imager that’s right for you
Whether you are looking for a dedicated high-end imaging system that excels in a given application, or a versatile solution for a lab running different kinds of assays with various samples, we’ve got you covered.
The table puts the core strengths of our high-end THUNDER Imager 3D Cell Culture and Live Cell side-by-side with the profile of our entry-level THUNDER Imager 3D Assay.
Developing Zebrafish Pancreas
The THUNDER Imager 3D Assay enabled clear identification of Alpha (GFP-green) and Beta (mCardinal-red) cells within a developing zebrafish pancreas.
Imaged in the blue (Hoechst), green (GFP), and red (mCardinal) channels, this 150-image z-stack was completed with all channels within a minute.
Physiological conditions can be maintained within a sample by minimizing photobleaching, providing high-performance imaging, and high-throughput of data, leading to better workflow efficiency.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424
- DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071United StatesOffice Phone: 954-340-2727Fax: 954-340-1221