While physical discomfort or pain is irritating and distractive, physical comfort is the best precondition for consistent, efficient work. Ergonomic accessories help microscope users work in comfort even if they spend the entire day working with a microscope. These accessories allow adapting stereo microscopes individually – whether in laboratories, manufacturing areas or quality control.
Promoting motivation – increasing efficiency. Use ergonomics as a competitive advantage.
- improves concentration
- can reduce work absences and work-related health issues
- helps maintain high work quality
- can even increase productivity
- promotes the employees’ well-being
Every person is different – that's why microscope workstations need to be adaptable to users.
- Sitting position: The right table height and a correctly adaptable chair is the basis for a comfortable posture. Microscope users should sit upright, in a relaxed posture to avoid muscle strain.
- Ergo Base: The best system begins with a good foundation. This is why Leica created the TL5000 Ergo base that enables the user to maintain a proper and natural position to rest their arms when working with a microscope. Since holding arms up all day strains the shoulder muscles and tendons unnecessarily, the TL5000 Ergo bases’ low profile gives the arms the optimal position to work in comfort.
- Viewing position: With adjustable viewing heights, you can ensure that shoulder and neck muscles are not strained.
ErgoTubes promote an upright sitting position by bridging the gap between the microscope and the users’ eyes. This is especially important for tall users as you can see from the image.
Leica Microsystems offers two categories of ErgoTubes
- Variable ErgoTubes
Adapt to a range of viewing angles, allowing the user, or multiple users, to freely choose their optimal working position.
- Fixed ErgoTubes
Adapt to a fixed viewing angle or length, perfect for single user systems.
Please refer to our ergonomics overview to learn which ErgoTubes fit which stereo microscope.
ErgoModules bring the eyepieces of the microscope closer to the operator by inserting a wedge below the eyepieces. This promotes an upright position, no matter how tall the microscope user is.
Leica Microsystems offers two principles of ErgoModules
- Variable ErgoModules
Vary microscope height with ErgoModules that can adapt to the user and thereby optimize the viewing height and angle
- Fixed ErgoModules
Increase the height of your binocular tube with these fixed spacers.
Please refer to our ergonomics overview to learn which ErgoModules fit which stereo microscope.
ErgoTube 10° - 50° - Perfect tool for multi-user workstationsMost popular ergonomic accessory from Leica, the ErgoTube 10° - 50° is the best way to accessorize any M-series stereo microscope and is the perfect tool for multi-user workstations.
Inclined binocular tube 45° - Increases productivity and improve profitabilityA well designed work environment can improve the motivation and performance. When correctly applied, ergonomically designed instrumentation can make a strong contribution to increase productivity and improve profitability.
Fits to ErgoModules and to accessories such as video-/phototubes, drawing tubes, or coaxial illuminators.
ErgoTube 45° - Bring the microscope closer to youWhen you cannot get close to the stereo microscope, let the ErgoTube 45° bring the microscope closer to you! The long eyepiece tubes displace the viewing point 65 mm upwards and 65 mm towards the observer.
It allows the observer to maintain proper upright posture and to move the eyepieces closer when the scope is in a bio-clean hood or must be positioned far from the edge of a workbench.
Trinocular ErgoTube 5° - 45° - Provides a wide range of adjustmentThe Trinocular ErgoTube (5° - 45° observation angle) provides a wide range of adjustment options to provide a comfortable, relaxed seated position at the microscope.
The ErgoTube is designed to provide maximum comfort for all users, especially during long hours of working with a microscope. The built-in photo port offers the possibility to integrate any of the MC, DMC or DFC series digital microscope cameras.
Straight binocular tube - Provides ergonomical horizontal viewingProvides horizontal viewing if the stereo microscope is fitted in a tilted position to the swinging-arm stand or to a bonder.
ErgoWedge 5° - 25° - Flexible wedge for maximum comfortMounts to M series stereo microscopes bring the user the opportunity to set their most comfortable viewing angle from 5° to 25°. Combine with other ergo modules for up to 70° viewing angle adjustment.
ErgoModule 30 mm - 120 mm - Comfortable observation for our taller usersThe ErgoModule 30 mm - 120 mm "stretches" low standing stereo microscopes (e.g. M50 stereo microscope) allowing taller users to sit and observe comfortably.
ErgoModule 50 mm - Increase the height of your M series stereo microscopeThe ErgoModule 50 mm raises the location of the eyepieces by 50 mm, so that the user can sit upright and be appreciably more comfortable.
ErgoWedge 15° - Improves viewing conditionsA fixed intermediate piece with which adds 15° angular tilt range of our binocular tubes. This is idea for systems that are normally used by a single user with repetitive tasks.
- The main performance features of a microscope which are critical for rapid, ergonomic, and precise microscopic analysis of pathology specimens are described in this article. Microscopic analysis of…Read article
- In endodontics, accurate treatment is not only dependent on the technical skills and knowledge of the dentist, but also on clear, detailed visualization of the surgical field. As the outcome of an…Read article
"The excellent red reflex, combined with the IOL guidance system, makes it possible for me to work quickly and precisely during refractive procedures."Excellent red reflex as well as maximum accuracy throughout the entire procedure are required to meet these expectations. Dr. Ulrich Jung, Medical Director at the ARTEMIS eye clinic in Dillenburg,…Read article
- In dental medicine, the surgical microscope has become increasingly important for high-quality and successful surgeries, particularly in the field of endodontics. A microscope supports the dentist to…Read article
- The thought of a Drosophoila headed to the local bar for a drink creates a funny joke, but after long hours of sorting flies under a microscope that causes eyestrain or neck pain, you may be the one…Read article
- Digital microscopy is one of the buzz words in microscopy – and there are a couple of facts that are useful to know. Georg Schlaffer, Product Manager with Leica Microsystems, has often been asked…Read article
- Sensor and identification technology, industrial cameras: when top precision is required, the name Baumer Electric is soon mentioned. The Swiss company designs and produces components for…Read article
- To do their best at work, people have to have a feeling of physical wellbeing: they are more attentive and motivated and more productive for longer periods of time. As ergonomically designed…Read article
- Operations not only demand maximum concentration of the surgeon but also maximum physical fitness. Physiotherapist John Ludescher explains how the body can be given optimal support to perform at its…Read article
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009