Serving your workflow
LAS X is made for every step of your research. This platform provides maximum ease of use and enables anyone in your team to become productive quickly.
Save time, gain reliability
- See more with the image in the center of your screen
- Configure objectives and filter cubes within the software – no need to exit
- Save and recall your settings like acquisition parameters, configuration settings or interface layout for future experiments – for reliable reproduction of your experiments
GPS for your cells – the powerful navigation tool
Switch from searching image by image to seeing the full overview of your samples. Like a GPS for your cells, LAS X Navigator ensures that you always have a clear roadmap to brilliant data.
Create fast overviews of your samples and identify the important details instantly. Then set up high resolution image acquisition automatically using templates for slides, dishes and multiwell plates.
A quantum leap in high speed acquisition
The high speed linear motor stage offers absolutely precise positioning at previously unattainable speeds, e.g. 5 positions per second with a 40x objective. During acquisition vibration sensors detect when the stage stands still. The final results are razor-sharp images taken at the perfect moment, even when acquiring with maximum speed. This dramatic improvement is due to the optimal synchronisation between image acquisition and stage movement.
The Quantum Stage allows you to:
- Do high speed positioning with absolute precision (< ± 1 µm)
- Manually move the stage at any time while keeping the precise slide position tracked
Your pathfinder in image analysis
LAS X guides you through the analysis workflow, step by step.
- Get immediate feedback on the applied settings at each step through a viewer
- Get guidance from analysis wizards which lead you quickly to reproducible results
- Run automated analysis of multiple samples
Handle your data smoothly
Reviewing and displaying your data has just become easier:
- Select an object on the screen and view its highlighted measurement in the results table
- Use the Automatic Classifier to group your results
- Display and follow the particles’ trajectories over time
- Save the results with the experiment or create a report including histogram and binary mask
Complex made simple
LAS X supports you in analyzing even complex fluorescence experiments with ease.
- Create separate analysis channels for each fluorescent marker or color
- Assign an individual workflow to each
- Run an analysis of all aspects of your sample at the same time, e.g.
Count the number of spots per nucleus
Count healthy and abnormal cells in two separate channels
The power of LAS X in advanced life science research
Complex experiments require careful set-up and scrupulous execution. With LAS X you can be certain to elevate the impact of your work through its powerful features, focused on usability in every aspect.
- Run high speed experiments
- Analyze and review your data during image acquisition, e.g. FRAP, FRET, in LAS X
- Use the auto exporter function for external analysis and feedback into LAS X
- Create spectacular 3D rendered time lapse movies in real time during acquisition
Be in full climate control
With the Environmental Control module you can control all environmental data like temperature, CO2 or O2 conditions in one interface. All data is saved with the experiment.
- Monitor environmental data live or review it afterwards
- Run temperature profiles by using an acquisition macro
- Get a warning or automatically stop your experiment when parameters are out of range
With the LAS X Mobile Connection module you can stay connected to your experiment anywhere at any time.
- Start, pause, or stop experiments, or capture an image to identify the best time for starting your experiment right away from your iPad or any notebook
- Display the imaging conditions on your remote device
- Download a specific image in full resolution and send it to a colleague
- Connect with multiple remote users of the system at the same time
- To use LAS X Mobile Connection with your mobile device, please download the Leica Mobile Connection App from iTunes free of charge
LAS X Core
The LAS X Core Module has full image viewing capabilities, including annotations, image overlay and image comparison. It controls your Leica microscope. If you add a compatible Leica camera, you have a complete image acquisition station.
Acquisition and advanced modules complement LAS X Core software and boost your imaging and analysis capabilities.
*Please note that LAS X Core is not sufficient to drive a confocal system. Acquired data can be viewed, but no data can be acquired.
|Calcium Imaging||Module for online ratio measurement, online display of ratio graphs and ratio image||o||x|
|Live Data Mode||Interactive data recording allowing job-sequencing and online evaluation||o||o|
|Colocalization||Histogram based colocalization and area measurements||o||o|
|FRET SE||Powerful wizard for FRET acquisition and analysis||o||o|
|Environmental Control||Have full control of your experimental conditions with the LAS X Environmental Control module. Log the environmental data and monitor it during the experiment.||o||o|
|Mobile Connection||Connect to your acquisition station via web client or mobile device and see the course of your experiment,review the whole experiment or open any image series available in the xperiment tree||o||-|
|User management||Allows system administrators to give different access levels to different LAS X user groups.||o||x|
|FRAP Wizard||The step by step wizard guides users through setup, acquisition and quantification of a FRAP experiment||o||o|
|HCS A||Versatile tool set for high content screening and automated microscopy.||o||o|
|Trigger to Peripherals||Send triggers and analog signals to peripherals. Incorporate triggers into your time lapse experiments. Includes powerful trigger capabilities such as sending a trigger at a specific channel or position.||o||-|
x=included; o=optional; -=not available
Visualization and Analysis
|3D Visualization||Graphic card based processing for smooth and fast motion of 3D volumes in real time||o||o|
|3D Analysis||Wizard for 3D analysis||o||o|
|2D Analysis||Easy and Versatile Wizard for 2D Analysis of Multi-Dimensional Data Sets||o||o|
|3D Deconvolution||Fully integrated deconvolution algorithm using adaptive calculated or supplied PSF||o||o|
|2D Deconvolution||Algorithms for no neighbor and nearest neighbor deconvolution||o||o|
|Measurements||Simplify the manual tasks involved in generating measurement parameters such as length, distance, area, perimeter, diameter and angles.||o||o|
|Dye Finder||Multi-color restoration, channel unmixing||o||o|
|Reticules||Digital overlays displayed on top of the camera image emulating fixed eyepiece graticules.||o||-|
|Extended 2D Annotations||Extends the 2D Annotations with additional functions such as magnifying a rectangular region on the image or superimposing an imported image.||o||-|
x=included; o=optional; -=not available
|Dye Assistant||Confocal users can select different dyes and LAS X sets up all hardware components accordingly.||-||x|
|Lambda Scan||Imaging method that acquires the emission spectrum in each image pixel using spectral detectors.||-||x|
|Lambda lambda scan||Imaging method that acquires the full excitation-emission spectrum in each image pixel using a tunable laser and spectral detectors. Allows Lambda square fluorescence mapping.||-||o|
|z-intensity compensation||Tool to compensate within a z-stack drop of fluorescence intensity that occurs deeper inside your sample with laser power and/or detector gain.||-||x|
|LightGate||Restriction of detection to a certain time window removes unwanted signal from autofluorescence or backscattering with HyD detectors.||-||o|
|FLIM||Wizard for fast and reliable setup of FLIM experiments and full control of FLIM data acquisition.||-||o|
|FCS||Wizard for fast and reliable setup of FCS and FLCS experiments and full control of F(L)CS data acquisition.||-||o|
|Electrophysiology||Package to guide you through E-Phys experiments, incl. Automated recordings, interactive data acquisition and trigger functions.||o||o|
|CRS Calculator||Automatic calculation of specific Raman wavenumbers according to the pumplaser wavelength used for exaction and vice versa.||-||o|
|CRS Spectral Scan||Automatic spectral scan covering the Raman wavenumbers range 1200-3400cm-1||-||o|
x=included; o=optional; -=not available
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?