NOTE: To have an overview of all Leica M844 F40 features, and details about their benefits, please download our brochure and/or contact your local Leica Microsystems Sales Representative.
Leica's unique QuadZoom technology
- (Left) Conventional Microscope: The main surgeon loses up to 20% of the light to the video camera.
- (Right) Leica Microscope featuring QuadZoom™: The main surgeon benefits from 100% light, even if a video camera is added. Leica's QuadZoom™ technology features four separate beam paths - two for the surgeon/teacher and two for the assistant/student - in the same zoom system. This allows to deliver the same magnification and stereo view simultaneously to both the teacher and the student.
NOTE: Exclusively available with the Leica M844 microscope
Leica Slit Lamp
The Leica intraoperative precision surgical slit lamp provides the precise visualization needed, in particular for membrane peeling cases. Save time in preparation and during surgery with:
- Slit beam adjustable in width and length to scan over the cornea from any position via foot pedal
- Limit switches for user-specific pre-positioning
- Quick-mount interface to comfortably and quickly install and remove the slit lamp
Wide-angle observation systems and image inverters
The Leica M844 fully integrates the most commonly used wide-angle observation systems or stereo image inverters such as the Oculus SDI/BIOM. The surgeon can operate these vitreo-retinal accessories via the Leica microscope foot pedal. Therefore the system can be fully controlled by a single foot pedal instead of two.
See better, work better, feel better
Leica Microsystems offers the widest choice of binoculars for perfect ergonomics and better concentration, for example:
- The UltraLow™ II binocular tubes drop lower than conventional binoculars to compensate for height differences caused by auxiliary accessories stacked on the optics, such as inverters or laser shutters.
Cordless Convenience - Leica Wireless Footswitch
In the operating room, wireless control of a surgical microscope provides:
- Convenience: maximum mobility for a fast and easy switch between left and right eye procedures, and there is no need to recharge the battery.
- Significant cost savings: No damaged cable and costly repairs ot it.
- Uncompromized reliability: Each Leica Wireless Footswitch is uniquely paired with a specific communication interface that connects to the microscope control unit. Other wireless communicators are 'locked out'.
NOTE: The Leica Wireless Footswitch uses ISM bandwidth technology.
Leica M844 F40 with integrated HD documentation
The ideal surgical microscope for teaching and posterior segment surgeries.
- 16:9 widescreen high-definition video and still images
- Storage capacity of approx. 50 hours of HD video
- Wireless transfer of surgical cases from the Med X Change HDMD™ All-in-One high-definition recording system to an Apple® iPhone™, iPod touch™ or iPad™ with Med X Mobile.