Another Dimension to Microscopy
Easy inspection and documentation
Many applications require us to work at higher magnifications so that we may inspect and sometimes document our work or products. Traditionally, this has been done using a standard stereo microscope and a digital camera. This approach produces 3-D-images which can be difficult for some users.
Leica now offers an alternative: a digital microscope system that combines first-rate optics and an advanced digital camera. This approach uses a HDMI-monitor, providing a 2-D-image instead of eyepieces to enable the user to view and document their work.
An Ergo-Friendly Working Environment
Work in complete comfort
The Leica DMS300 is inherently ergo-friendly. This is due to the completely digital output of the microscope – there are no eyepieces that need adjusting. The monitor can be quickly and easily adapted for several users helping to ensure that all operators maintain a proper and comfortable working posture. As a result, this setup can not only improve working conditions, but reduce work-related injuries due to uncomfortable working conditions.
A viewing device ideal for groups
Because the Leica DMS300 uses a monitor for the image output, several users can view the sample at the same time. This allows for fast and easy discussion of the item being viewed and can save time by making team decisions possible right away.
A digital microscope is also an ideal instrument for group instruction or teaching. Simply connect the HDMI-output directly to a HD-projector and you can share your observations with large groups of people. All this at a rapid frame rate of up to 30 frames per second – faster than the movies!
Fast Live Image
Faster than at the movies
The Leica DMS300 not only has superior optics, but also a built-in superfast CMOS-camera that provides high resolution live images in Full HD-resolution with up to 30 fps. Perfect pictures are extremely convenient – and necessary when working with digital microscopy as there are no eyepieces to work with. An image rate of 30 fps is even faster than most television images which have a frame rate of about 25fps. All this is made possible in a standalone system – there is no need for a computer.
Perfect combination of hardware and software
The Leica DMS300 can also be connected to any PC via USB2-cable and offers full compatibility with our user-friendly Leica LAS EZ software for basic measure capabilities. Leica LAS EZ comes free of charge and is shipped with the Leica DMS300.
Save time – work with overlays
Speed and accuracy for recurring tasks
Overlays are a simple trick that can help you effortlessly establish workflows for routine inspections. You can customize overlays easily to your specific needs, and superimpose different shapes or even text onto your live image. Watch this video to learn more.
Benefits of overlays in daily work routines
- Step-by-step inspection workflows: Guide the operator with a sequence of overlays through the inspection. The DMS can read up to 99 overlays directly from SD card.
- Fast go / no-go inspection: Quickly check if a part or component conforms to specifications or not.
- Define inspection areas: In order to keep operators focused on a specific area on the sample you can mask-out details that are not relevant.
- Tailored inspection protocols on SD-cards: Save sets of overlays specific to the inspection of a certain part on SD card. If parts change, simply change SD cards.
Standalone or with a PC
Optimized as a standalone system, the Leica DMS300 has:
- A programmable button
- An on/off switch
- A user-selectable mode switch for PC or HD modes
- A standard size USB-connector
- A full-sized HDMI-connector for stability
The DMS300 is designed for ease of use and to be independent from a PC. You can take full advantage of this with the USB- and standard HDMI-connections. This allows you to either use a USB power supply and a HD-monitor, or connect directly to a computer.
What’s in the box ...
... works out of the Box!
Easy to order, and setup
The DMS300 is a complete working digital inspection and imaging system. Everything you need to setup your digital microscope is included.
- The Leica DMS300 zoom body with camera
- A swing arm stand – ideal for viewing large or small samples
- A LED-ring-light with diffuser, brilliant long-lasting light
- A 0.8x objective provides enough magnification while allowing a working distance of over 110 mm
- Two IR remote controllers – to customize the settings on the Leica DMS300 for standalone operation
- SD-Card, USB- and HDMI-cables, plus a universal USB power supply
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424
- DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071United StatesOffice Phone: 954-340-2727Fax: 954-340-1221