As an up-and-coming medium-sized company, we saw the need to expand our internal analysis methods. Our decision for the DM6 M LIBS material analysis solution was based on its versatility and ease of use. Our aim was to be able to carry out optical examinations, evaluation of surface topographies, and qualitative analyses with little effort.
The instrument has now been in use for more than a year and we can say that our expectations were fully met. The investment has paid off due to the versatility and short analysis times.
We are really very satisfied.
Hans-Ullrich Eckert, Development Manager Process Technology, GERWECK GMBH Oberflächentechnik, Bretten-Gölshausen (Germany)
2-in-1 for Rapid, Precise Material Analysis
The integrated laser spectroscopy function of the DM6 M LIBS delivers the chemical composition of the microstructure that you see in the microscope image - within a second.
Identify the microstructure composition of interest, then trigger the LIBS analysis with a single click.
- Save 90% time for chemical analysis compared to typical methods involving electron microscopy* and
- Quick, confident decision making based on reliable information about the material, both visual and chemical.
*proof available upon request
No SEM sample preparation required
Why does materials analysis with the DM6 M LIBS solution take 90% less time? Because it requires:
- no sample preparation nor transfer;
- no system adjustment; and
- no relocating the region of interest (ROI).
Reduce the workflow
Reduce the workflow to just one step and focus on results.
Decide rapidly what to do
By combining tools to analyze the microstructure composition of the sample you have all the information within one second to make the right decisions.
The data obtained is sufficient in >90% of cases for users to make confident decisions rapidly concerning further actions to be taken (e.g., if more detailed analysis with SEM is needed to identify the source of contamination).*
*based on user feedback
Cleanliness Analysis of Components
The DM6 M LIBS 2-in-1 system combined with the Cleanliness Expert analysis software enables you to do visual and chemical inspection on filter samples with a single instrument and workflow.
This way, the source of contamination can be found more easily.
Make confident decisions
Obtaining data on both particle composition and structure quickly gives you the advantage of making confident decisions more rapidly during the analysis.
Evaluation of Microstructure Composition
The DM6 M LIBS 2-in-1 solution allows you to perform both structural and elemental/chemical analysis of material phases, e.g., minerals, alloys, ceramics, etc.
There is no need for sample preparation nor transfer between 2 or more devices. The entire analysis workflow occurs with a single instrument.
Minimizing labor intensive sample preparation
You can save time and money by minimizing labor intensive sample preparation and costly SEM/EDS analysis.
Depth Profile and Layer Analysis of Materials
The ablation principle of LIBS can be exploited for microdrilling into materials.
Applications of µ-drilling are such things as:
- Depth profiling
- Layer analysis
- Surface cleaning.
Depth profiling is useful to determine if a material’s composition may change with the depth into its bulk.
Layer analysis can be used to find the composition of each layer in a material. Examples of layered materials would be multi-coated or painted metals.
Use surface cleaning to remove oxides and contamination.
LIBS: Your Chemical Analysis Lab
The DM6 M LIBS solution exploits Laser Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS) to make qualitative chemical analysis possible.
Trigger the analysis with a single click and a laser will strike the targeted spot on the sample. A plasma will be created and then break down. The resulting characteristic light spectrum shows the fingerprints of the elements present in the material.
The software will identify the microstructure composition by comparing the spectrum with a known data set for elements and compounds. The data set can be expanded with the results for specific materials obtained by the user.
DM6 M LIBS Solution: The Microscope’s Contribution
For a rapid materials analysis workflow with the 2-in-1 solution, the microscopy also plays an important role.
The DM6 M compound microscope offers
- Observation with a large objective magnification range from 1.25x to 100x;
- Easy visualization of a material’s fine structure in its true colors with multiple contrast techniques;
- Freedom to make the analysis whenever you want.
It’s Never Too Late!
Upgrade with LIBS for a 2-in-1 solution
Do you already have one of our DM6000 M or DM6 M compound microscopes?
If so, then you can take advantage of the option to retrofit it with a LIBS system - and have a 2-in-1 solution at an advantageous price.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- D.M.I. Medical Inc.Life Science Research: Confocal Microscopy, Widefield, Nanotechnology, Industry Microscopy, Clinical Microscopy, Surgical Microscopy, Digital Pathology, Cytovision, Aperio, Ariol, Histology Instruments, Histology Consumables, Advanced Staining Instruments, Advanced Staining Consumables, Kreatech Reagents, Thermobrite / Thermobrite Elite
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424
- DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071United StatesOffice Phone: 954-340-2727Fax: 954-340-1221