Greater Insight: See more details below the surface
Supplement your microscope view with bright, sharp imaging of previously hidden subsurface tissue details. Intraoperative integration of OCT imaging provides you with additional information so you can get greater insights into ocular pathology during surgery.
- Clearly differentiate between artifacts and tissue due to the unique spectrometer technology with dispersion compensation software and a highly sensitive detector that captures more signal
- See fine details even through blood in trauma cases thanks to an axial resolution of 2.4 μm in tissue
- Capture comprehensive area scans with high lateral resolution, due to a high scan density of up to 1000 A-scans x 1000 B-scans to not miss out on an important detail
- Playback through acquired OCT scans frame by frame or in video mode to check e.g. if there is residual sub-retinal fluid, if the positioning of the glaucoma drainage device is correct, or if the corneal graft is well opposed to the host cornea.
Greater insight: Get a wider view
Ensure you have a full view of the surgical field so you don’t miss features at the periphery. EnFocus provides a 20 x 20 mm lateral field of view even at high magnification.
No need to adjust the viewing perspective during surgery. This enables you to monitor any changes at the periphery even when working in the center of the eye.
EnFocus offers wide scans, that cover the whole cornea and the anterior chamber – detail and resolution are impressive and allow a thorough visualization of anterior segment details. EnFocus provides a remarkable insight into the third dimension, meaning the vertical axis Z.
Enrico Bertelli MD, Head of Ophthalmic Department, Bolzano Hospital, Italy.
Greater insight: Clinical assessment to intraoperative decisions
Bridge the gap between pre-operative assessment and real-time evaluation of changes to tissue microstructures during surgery with EnFocus OCT.
In a clinical setting, OCT has become the standard of care with clinical OCT imaging such as Envisu C2300. OCT imaging systems are now moving more and more into the operating rooms where they are impacting surgical decision-making. The DISCOVER Study* collected data on the impact of intraoperative integration of OCT . The study showed that microscopes with OCT provide additional information and can consequently change the surgical plan intraoperatively. In membrane peeling procedures the study showed that intraoperative OCT findings were discordant from the surgeon's initial impression in 35% cases.
*View data from the DISCOVER Study: Microscope-integrated Intraoperative OCT Study (DISCOVER)
Benefits for your retina surgery
Use OCT to assess the level of tension in a membrane peel in real time, in order to avoid potential tears and protect the integrity of underlying tissue. A high-resolution view of <=4 µm also aids examination of retinal morphology for residual membranes and complications such as macular holes, or sub-retinal edema.
Additional benefits for posterior surgery include:
- Dynamic scan control via footswitch for swift adjustment of the scan angle to align with the membrane tissue
- Easy integration of fundus viewing systems such as the BIOM5 from OCULUS with synchronized focus
Benefits for your cornea surgery
In advanced lamellar corneal surgeries such as DMEK (Descemet's Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty) and DSEAK (Descemet’s Stripping Endothelial Automated Keratoplasty), this aids the surgeon in confirming the correct orientation of donor tissue which may help avoid corrective follow-up surgery.
Benefits for your glaucoma surgery
OCT scans of up to 20 mm wide support your view to aid accurate placement of an XEN gel stent.
OCT can also support shunt vessel placement and assessment of how much the tube should be tied off to control intraocular pressure. This can prevent further progression of the glaucoma.
Immediate confirmation: Observe & respond to tissue changes
The EnFocus intraoperative OCT imaging system provides real-time confirmation of how ocular tissue is reacting to your surgical maneuvers. You can immediately adjust your surgical plan if needed for greater confidence in the surgical outcome.
Observe real-time tissue reaction and respond instantly
- Real-time display of 30 fps provides immediate feedback at each step e.g. to verify adherence of donor tissue in DMEK or DSAEK surgery
- If OCT reveals a complication which wasn’t visible via the microscope view, for example due to bleeding, you can instantly adapt your surgical plan
- For additional verification you can easily review or playback through the acquired scans frame by frame or in video mode
- Live on-screen measurements provide even more information e.g. cornea thickness and needle depth during DALK surgeries
Maximum Freedom: Smooth independent workflow
EnFocus built into the Proveo 8 supports your workflow and enables you to independently control your OCT view. You are free to concentrate on your procedure.
- Easily activate intraoperative OCT yourself at any point during surgery via footswitch, handle, or 27” touchscreen HD monitor
- Preprogram your personal settings and modes before surgery according to surgery type and step then allocate to the footswitch or handle for a smooth workflow
- Record or capture images in the same way, choose the Evolution4K recording system from Med X Change for comprehensive documentation
- View your microscope and intraoperative OCT-image in the eye pieces via the DI C800 or on the 27” HD touch-screen monitor and for even larger screen projections, four video outputs are available
Workflow Freedom in the Operating Room
Hear from vitreoretinal surgeon Dr. Barbara Parolini, Eyecare Clinic Brescia, Italy about the freedom that the EnFocus imaging systems OCT provides in the OR.
EnFocus Launch video
Dr. Barbara Parolini, Dr. Robert Sisk, and Dr. Enrico Bertelli share how EnFocus intraoperative OCT provides them with get greater insight, immediate confirmation, and maximum freedom in the OR. Watch the global online launch video of our brand new EnFocus intraoperative OCT solution built into the Proveo 8.
Dr. Barbara Parolini, Eyecare Clinic Brescia, Italy
Maximum freedom: OCT imaging system, with intuitive gesture control
No need to interrupt surgery or rely on a technician to acquire an optimal OCT image thanks to automated functions and intuitive touch-screen operation.
You can activate automatic image optimization with just a tap of the footswitch, handle or touch screen. Brightness and sharpness of the image is adjusted for you, so you can rest assured that you always have an optimal OCT image. The Auto Locate function centers the OCT image automatically. Location lock in the z-direction then ensures the image remains centered throughout your procedure. Its just as easy to adjust scan pattern, scan size and scan density.
Choose your OCT imaging system to meet your needs
EnFocus intraoperative OCT imaging systems are available in multiple configurations. You can find an OCT microscope solution that fits precisely to your needs. Whether for anterior or posterior surgery, for use in a large OR or a small surgery center, there is a solution to meet your requirements:
- Proveo 8 floor stand with built-in EnFocus Ultra-HD OCT
- Proveo 8 telescope ceiling mount with EnFocus Ultra-HD OCT (external unit)
- M844 F40 floor stand with EnFocus Ultra-HD OCT (external unit)
Book a personalized virtual demo
John Perng our Ophthalmology platform leader explains how the OCT microscope Proveo 8 with EnFocus facilitates user friendly operation with touchscreen, footswitch and handle control.
Take a look at our quick demo examples to see how the Proveo 8 microscope with integrated EnFocus OCT empowers surgeons to focus on perfection.
Using the touchscreen, footswitch and handle for OCT operation in a retina surgery .
Remote Product Demos
Interested in more information about our OCT microscope Proveo8 with EnFocus intraoperative OCT? Check out our Remote Product Demo offers.
John and the Leica Ophthalmology team provide personalized remote demos online to answer all your questions individually and demonstrate the system live from our showroom in Switzerland.
Touchscreen navigation in cornea surgery.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009
Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437 United StatesOffice Phone : 952-881-0414
D.M.I. Medical Inc.Life Science Research: Confocal Microscopy, Widefield, Nanotechnology, Industry Microscopy, Clinical Microscopy, Surgical Microscopy, Digital Pathology, Cytovision, Aperio, Ariol, Histology Instruments, Histology Consumables, Advanced Staining Instruments, Advanced Staining Consumables, Kreatech Reagents, Thermobrite / Thermobrite Elite
D.M.I. Medical IncHistology Systems, Novocastra Reagents and associated instruments, EM Sample Preparation
ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227 United StatesOffice Phone : 410-299-2711
Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078 United StatesOffice Phone : 701-391-3333Service Phone : 701-391-3333Fax : 701-364-0307
ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804 United StatesOffice Phone : 865-984-8058
Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734 United StatesOffice Phone : 713-201-8787
Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515 United StatesOffice Phone : 312-520-7600Fax : 219-662-7353
Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050 United StatesOffice Phone : 516-487-1175Fax : 516-487-1191
JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539 United StatesOffice Phone : 408-436-6336Fax : 408-439-6343
Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965 United StatesOffice Phone : 415-331-1020Fax : 415-462-5186
Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105 United StatesOffice Phone : 605-334-8655Fax : 605-334-9102
Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207 United StatesOffice Phone : 913-341-7520Fax : 913-341-2318
Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 9194526288
Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 9194526288
TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029 United StatesOffice Phone : 425-785-9993Fax : 800-832-1859
Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108 United StatesOffice Phone : 720-244-4679Fax : 303-331-8128
Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 919-309-4463Service Phone : 919-812-9500Fax : 919-309-4742
DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071 United StatesOffice Phone : 954-340-2727Fax : 954-340-1221