One complete picture of the cerebro- vascular region
- One augmented, real-time view means no more need to recall and try to reconcile the black-&-white blood flow video with the natural anatomical view
- Crisp delineation helps you limit potential compromise or obstruction of surrounding perforators and small vessels
- Digitally enhanced 3D depth perception and no dark periphery support clear spatial orientation to aid manipulation of vessels
Images courtesy of Cleopatra Charalampaki, MD, PhD, Professor of Neurosurgery, Department of Neurosurgery, Cologne Medical Center, Germany.
Advantages of GLOW800 AR compared to NIR imaging
Compare the visualization of cerebrovascular flow with the GLOW800 AR fluorescence application to traditional near infrared (NIR) imaging by watching this video.
View blood flow without interrupting workflow
No more interrupting surgery to switch between the natural microscope image and a flat black-&-white, near-infrared video. No more mental gymnastics to recall and reconcile the different views.
We are now really closer to what we believe is an augmented reality
Professor Raphael Guzman about GLOW800
Benefits for your surgery
Visualization with the GLOW800 AR application supports each step of your vascular neurosurgery procedure and also supports post-operative imaging.
For example during aneurysm clipping, it helps you:
- Confidently apply an aneurysm clip
- Assess clip placement and aneurysm occlusion
- Check if all branches proximal and distal to the clipped aneurysm are perfused and whether there is orthograde filling of the blood vessels
- Confirm the clip has not caused any compromise of surrounding blood vessels, such as kinking or partial obstruction
Choose your color!
Select a pseudo color according to your preference and for optimal contrast of the tissue.
See what matters with flexible image settings
The GLOW800 application provides intuitive image parameters that allow you to customize the visualization of blood flow and tissue perfusion.
You can adjust the intensity, brightness, and threshold of fluorescence in the GLOW800 application to get to the image you need.
Experience optimal imaging in AVM, bypass, and aneurysm surgery, as well as for other surgical procedures like plastic reconstructive surgery.
Experience GLOW800 in high-resolution 3D
Now you can visualize the GLOW800 application also on a large 3D monitor in high definition for you and your team.
GLOW800 allows for seamless integration into your procedure workflow, thanks to its compatibility with the ARveo 8 digital visualization microscope, and the all-in-one surgical visualization headset.
Set up and record with ease
Display the GLOW800 application on a HD or 4K 3D monitor for the whole team. Then easily capture videos in 2D or 3D quality for later review and teaching outside the OR.
- One-touch activation of recording via the microscope handle or main screen of the ARveo 8 graphical user interface (GUI)
- Playback and review recordings easily utilizing the microscope handle or quick menu of the ARveo 8 GUI
2D visualization is only for observation, not for Heads-up display surgery. M530 OHX doesn’t provide GLOW800 in 3D; recordings and playbacks can only be initiated via microscope handles of the OHX.
GLOW AR Platform: The technology behind GLOW800
GLOW800 AR is the first clinical application of the GLOW AR platform based on digital spectral detection technology from Leica Microsystems.
The sophisticated imaging sensors and algorithms of GLOW AR acquire, optimize, and combine multiple spectral bands of light. The result is natural coloring of tissue anatomy and accurate representation of fluorescence intensity.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts.
Do you prefer personal consulting? Show local contacts