High-Resolution Imaging and Ultimate Red Reflex
- The proven 800-series APO OptiChrome™ and high transmission optics images with natural color, superior depth of field, and high contrast even at low light levels.
- The unique coaxial OttoFlex™ illumination concept directs the light 100% coaxial to the observer beam path. Combined with its large diameter, the technology produces a brilliant and stable Red Reflex throughout all steps of cataract surgery.
Innovative LED Illumination
- Reliable: With a nominal service life of 60,000 hours, there is no need to change light bulbs and fiber optic cables thus reducing frequency of service requirements and downtime.
- Safer: The Leica M822 LED offers a halogen-like light for a natural color rendering, contrast, and recognition of important details
- Eco-friendly: LEDs have a lower energy consumption, longer lifespan, and greater durability and reliability than other light sources.
- Cost effective: LEDs add value by reducing operating costs throughout the life of a microscope because of fewer lamp changes and therefore fewer disruptions and less downtime.
Start saving from day one with the Leica M822.
Modern Video Technology
- High-definition recording system from Med X Change with MPEG4 video compression and picture-in-picture function
(Exclusively available by Leica Microsystems)
- Wireless transfer of surgical cases to an Apple® iPhone™, iPod touch™, iPad™ or via USB to most Android™ devices with Med X Mobile
- Selection of video adapters for sharp videos always: with intra-operative fine focus, manual or remote control, integrated zoom function
Widest Choice of Binoculars for Ergonomic Working
- Binocular inclined
- 0°-180° binocular
- 10°-50° binocular
- 30°-150° binocular
- 10°-50° UltraLow™ II binocular tubes drop lower than conventional binoculars to compensate for height differences caused by auxiliary accessories stacked on the optics, such as inverters or laser shutters.
(Unique to Leica Microsystems)
- 5°-25° binocular
- Leica DI C800 binocular (coming soon)
*images in clock-wise order
Intuitive Controls for Efficient Workflow
- AutoReset: Automatic reset of all microscope functions to individual start settings after each case
- Rotatable Beamsplitter: Easy, side-to-side quick change of the optics for the assistant observer between temporal approach cataract surgery
- Wireless foot switch: Maximum mobility for a fast and easy switch between left and right eye procedures, using ISM bandwith technology
- Two-in-One display: User-friendly touchscreen control unit and real-time video monitor in one
- StepCycle™: Individually defined presets for each step of a procedure can be selected using the microscope foot switch
One Microscope for Anterior and Posterior Segment Surgery
- Leica RUV800: Panoramic non-contact viewing system for retinal surgery with an integrated inverter to give the surgeon, assistant, and video camera the same upright view of the retina. The Leica M822 also fully integrates the OCULUS SDI/BIOM®.
- Leica ToricEyePiece: Cost-effective, easy-to-use, and time-saving aid for placement of premium IOLs
- Leica Slit Illuminator: Intra-operative precision surgical slit lamp for anterior and posterior segment surgery, with time-saving features allowing a more fluid procedure
Interchangeable Floor Stands
The Leica M822 optics carrier can be combined with two interchangeable floor stands. This allows to conveniently and cost-effectively upgrade the microscope according to changing surgical requirements.
- Leica M822 F40: Floor stand with electromagnetic brakes and optional high-definition documentation (see image above)
- Leica M822 F20: Floor stand with mechanical brakes
(see image on product page)
Apple, iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.
HDMD, Med X Mobile, and Med X Change are trademarks of Med X Change Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
OCULUS, SDI, and BIOM are trademarks of OCULUS Optikgeräte GmbH, registered in the U.S. and other countries.