Fully configurable with manual to motorized components, the DMi8 microscope allows you to build the imaging system for your research and budget needs.
Flexibility is built-in, allowing you to add established options like DIC for unstained samples and Intelligent Automation. For time-lapse experiments use precise focus control with Adaptive Focus Control and Closed Loop Focus.
DMi8 S for advanced widefield research
Starting from discovery and analysis of single molecules and culminating in breakthroughs in understanding and treating human health, the key to the next scientific discovery lies in finding the missing links connecting your data.
The DMi8 S is a flexible solution for advanced widefield research. The new DMi8 S platform extends the flexibility of the DMi8 microscope, adding high speed control, Infinity TIRF and Infinity Scanner modules, plus advanced software capabilities to create the solution for your advanced live cell imaging.
"The DMi8 S is a versatile and userfriendly system that empowers biomedical researchers to probe molecular machineries within the cell with super-resolution, photo-manipulation and optogenetics." - Dr. Alessandro Esposito, Hutchison MRC Research Centre, University of Cambridge, UK
See more – Increase your viewing area up to 10,000x
Switch from searching image by image to seeing the full overview of your samples. Like a GPS for your cells, the software module LAS X Navigator ensures that you always have a clear roadmap to brilliant data.
Create fast overviews of your samples and identify the important details instantly. Then set up high resolution image acquisition automatically using templates for slides, dishes and multiwell plates.
Find your answers
No matter what experiments you have in mind, LAS X Navigator is the key to all applications on your DMi8 S platform.
- Generate live overviews
- Create spiral scans to search in the vicinity of your current location
- Display images in sample carrier templates for quick orientation
- Work flexibly with different magnifications, cameras, detectors, and contrasting methods in the same workspace
- Define multiple regions and positions for high resolution scans or multiwell projects
- Zoom swiftly in and out of your sample
- Move to any stage location by mouse click
See faster – Experiments up to 5 x faster
The DMi8 S imaging solution powered by LAS X Synapse advanced sequencer eliminates the bottlenecks between system components, resulting in dramatically faster imaging. With an integrated real-time controller that directly interacts with all of your hardware components, cameras and peripherals, you can control your entire system with micro-second precision.
Combine high speed External Filter Wheels with multi-position stage experiments and benefit from filter wheels with high precision stage control.
Time lapse experiments up to 5x faster mean you can both save time and capture more details. No matter which of the instrument components are part of the experiment, the system will run at the highest speed possible.
For specialized live cell applications, you can now add additional devices to the system and set up high-speed experiments with trigger controled third party devices.
The DMi8 S platform is powered by LAS X Synapse advanced sequencer, which allows you to freely specify the behavior of connections and create fast imaging sequences to analyze an organism’s response to external stimuli delivered via third party devices.
Define both digital and analog signals, and set up the trigger signaling independently from the image acquisition with exact timings and full reproducibility.
See the hidden – Activate, ablate, and bleach in one experiment
Add the Infinity TIRF and Infinity Scanner to your DMi8 S platform to maximize the versatility of your system. You can perform Super Resolution, TIRF and several photomanipulation tasks within one time-lapse experiment using up to 5 lasers.
Sensitive light applications like optogenetics or photoswitching can be performed alongside more demanding tasks like FRAP or ablation. Combine techniques even further using the fully automated, super-resolution capable Infinity TIRF to analyze membrane dynamics.
The Leica DMi8 is built with flexibility in mind.
With up to two Infinity Ports providing access points for addition of fluorescent devices, the microscope is easily adaptable for everything from simple fluorescent imaging to sophisticated super resolution applications.
This novel design facilitates the integration of additional fluorescence light sources and laser systems for advanced applications like
- and many more.
DMi8 – Modularity in widefield imaging
The DMi8 modular research microscope is the heart of the DMi8 S system. Fully configurable with manual to motorized components, you can create the imaging system for your research and budget needs. In addition, if your research needs to change, the system can also be adapted or upgraded at any time.
Every DMi8 microscope can be equipped with up to two Infinity Ports, allowing direct access to the infinity space for flexible upgrading of your DMi8.
Optimized for sCMOS
Every DMi8 comes standard with 19mm field of view (FOV) for all camera ports.
Configure your system with a variety of contrast method, add sophisticated modalities like TIRF.
In addition, see more through the eyepieces with up to 25 mm FOV.
(Image taken with a Leica DFC9000 GT sCMOS camera on the Leica DMi8 microscope.)
Leica Adaptive Focus Control
One click of a button and the LED light beam assisted Leica Adaptive Focus Control (AFC) automatically maintains your focus, in real time.
Save time and make sure your time lapse imaging isn’t affected by changes in experimental conditions.
When you change the contrast method, the microscope automatically adapts the illumination settings, parfocality, brightness, and diaphragm position to that method.
Intelligent automation goes even further with the new LAS X Synapse real time controller. Run your experiments up to 5x faster, integrate third party triggered components and synchronize the acquisition with the exposure to minimize photodamage.
Make every component work in harmony, at the highest speed possible.
Leica DMi8 focus drive
The DMi8 system features closed loop focus with 20 nm re-positioning accuracy.
Combined with an increased focus travel range of 12 mm, choose closed loop focus for the highest repeatability with multi-point time lapse experiments.
The Infinity Port Connector, along with complete optomechanical design documentation, opens the Leica DMi8 light path to any accessory you want to add.
Attach Thorlabs Cage Systems or Linos Microbench or Nanobench components directly to the Leica DMi8 by simply connecting them to the Infinity Port Connector.
For high speed imaging, use the external fluorescent filter wheels, or the patented Fluorescence Intensity Manager (FIM) to achieve fast, accurate fluorescent images.
For standard applications, use the easy to install filter cubes with automatic RFID identification.
LAS X Software
Leica Application Suite X (LAS X) is the one software platform for all Leica microscopes: It integrates confocal, widefield, stereo, super-resolution, and light-sheet instruments from Leica Microsystems.
- Users spend more time researching
- Imaging tasks become intuitive
From basic documentation to advanced life science research – LAS X directly navigates you to brilliant imaging!
More about LAS X Microscope Software for Life Sciences
A quantum leap in high speed acquisition
The high speed linear motor stage offers absolutely precise positioning at previously unattainable speeds, e.g. 10 positions per second with a 40x objective. Vibration sensors ensure that the stage stands perfectly still during acquisition. The final results are razor-sharp images taken at the perfect moment, even when acquiring with maximum speed. This dramatic improvement is due to the optimal synchronisation between image acquisition and stage movement.
The Quantum Stage allows you to:
- Do high speed positioning with absolute precision (< ± 1 µm)
- Manually move the stage at any time while keeping the precise slide position tracked
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact us now
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
- Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089United StatesOffice Phone: +1 800 248 0123Service Phone: 1 800 248 0223Fax: +1 847-236-3009
- Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437United StatesOffice Phone: 952-881-0414
- ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227United StatesOffice Phone: 410-299-2711
- Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078United StatesOffice Phone: 701-391-3333Service Phone: 701-391-3333Fax: 701-364-0307
- ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804United StatesOffice Phone: 865-984-8058
- Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734United StatesOffice Phone: 713-201-8787
- Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515United StatesOffice Phone: 312-520-7600Fax: 219-662-7353
- Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050United StatesOffice Phone: 516-487-1175Fax: 516-487-1191
- JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539United StatesOffice Phone: 408-436-6336Fax: 408-439-6343
- Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965United StatesOffice Phone: 415-331-1020Fax: 415-462-5186
- Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105United StatesOffice Phone: 605-334-8655Fax: 605-334-9102
- Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207United StatesOffice Phone: 913-341-7520Fax: 913-341-2318
- Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919.452.6288
- TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029United StatesOffice Phone: 425-785-9993Fax: 800-832-1859
- Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108United StatesOffice Phone: 720-244-4679Fax: 303-331-8128
- Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705United StatesOffice Phone: 919-309-4463Service Phone: 919-812-9500Fax: 919-309-4742
- Martin Microscope Company207 S Pendleton StEasley, 29640United StatesOffice Phone: 864-242-3424