Simple is simply good
The M series stereo microscopes have been designed to provide tailored solutions for operators working in laboratories or in manufacturing.
Enjoy working with Leica optics that deliver outstanding resolution paired with great depth of field, so that you see all relevant structures at a glance.
You can easily change from sample overview to fine detail imaging. No refocusing is needed when changing magnification - parfocal optics allow you to keep your sample in focus at all zoom levels.
At a glance
All three microscopes allow you to acquire comparable and traceable results at different magnification steps. This provides accuracy for repetitive tasks, for example in electronic inspections or screening of model organisms.
- M50 with 5:1-zoom, featuring a step-zoom with five fixed zoom steps, at 6.3x, 10x, 16x, 25x, and 40x– allowing 100% reproducible results. The short optics carrier enables high light throughput and provides a large working distance, ideal in animal surgery and similar applications.
- M60 with 6:1-zoom range, with a continuous zoom from 6.3x – 40x including engageable click stops - making repetitive inspection and measurement at a specific zoom position reliable. This system is optimized for a larger field of view to see more at a glance.
- M80 with 8:1-zoom range, with a continuous zoom from 7.5x – 60x including engageable click stops – expanding your insights and reliability. Optimized for higher magnification to see smaller details in perfect contrast.
High flexibility with a modular concept
Whether your work requires a variety of illumination types, different objectives, or a bigger stand - Leica Microsystems has a solution for nearly everything!
Turn your microscope into a highly flexible and ergonomic workstation for multiple users. Our broad range of accessories helps you to cover all your needs:
- Small, medium, and large incident light bases: Inspect e.g. printed circuit boards, metal workpieces, or opaque research samples like flies on a fly-pad
- TL transmitted light bases: observe translucent samples or screen model organisms like zebrafish or look for defects in glass and silicone molds
- XL universal base: accommodate large workpieces, our XL cross-stage has a travel paths of up to 300 mm x 300 mm
- Swing arm and flex arm stands: Examine very bulky pieces, e.g. automotive parts or paintings, or adjust your viewing angle when dissecting, or pulling pipettes
- Objectives: Choose from a variety of achromat and planachromat objectives depending on your requirements like working distance or FOV
We don’t stop at the hardware… The Leica Application Suite (LAS) X, our latest software platform, offers diverse software modules for your specific application needs in Industry or Life Science Research.
Working efficiently with Ergo accessories
Every person is different – that's why microscope workstations need to be adaptable, especially when they’re shared by multiple users. Ergonomic accessories help microscope operators to work comfortably even if they spend the entire day on the microscope.
With the Leica M series you can easily adapt your stereo microscopes to seamlessly fit multiple users.
- Adjustable viewing heights ensure that shoulder and neck muscles are not strained.
- ErgoTubes promote an upright sitting position by bridging the gap between the microscope and the users’ eyes. This is especially important for tall users.
- ErgoModules bring the eyepieces of the microscope closer to the operator by inserting a wedge below the eyepieces. This promotes an upright posture, no matter how tall the microscope user is.
The right illumination determines what you see
- your sample
- your application, and
- your task,
illumination can make a major difference with regards to what you see or don’t see.
Your choice of illumination for the M series
Ring light LED3000 RL and LED5000 RL
The most common incident solution guarantees a bright, uniform illumination of the specimen over a large object field at a constant color temperature.
Designed to fit to most objectives without a dark spot in the middle
Spotlight or Gooseneck illumination LED3000 SLI and LED5000 SLI
Very popular when different contrasts for incident light are important. The two goosenecks allow an easy and flexible positioning of the LED spots to adjust the contrast.
The included diffusors allow you to illuminate exactly on the spot and produce great contrast
Multi-contrast illumination LED3000 MCI and LED5000 MCI
Similar to spotlight or gooseneck illumination this solution allows adjusting the contrast depending on the sample. Due to the fixed position of the LED spots the results are reproducible – this makes it easier to identify hard-to-find details on your samples or specimens.
Use them like incident darkfield or like spots for better sample accessibility.
Near vertical illumination LED3000 NVI and LED5000 NVI
LED illumination that is aligned to the optical axis which is suited for inspection of holes or depressions and almost eliminates shadows on the sample.
Designed like the illumination on a surgical microscope they deliver bright light on the spot with best sample accessibility.
Coaxial illumination LED5000 CXI
Ideal for inspecting flat shinny surfaces to find quality failures like scratches.
Coaxial illumination can be used with routine as well as high-performance stereo microscopes.
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Burkina Faso
- Cayman Islands
- Central African Republic
- Costa Rica
- Czech Republic
- Dominican Republic
- El Salvador
- Hong Kong SAR of China
- New Caledonia
- New Zealand
- Puerto Rico
- Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
- South Sudan
- Sri Lanka
- The Bahamas
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- US Virgin Islands
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009
Precision Lens5715 West Old Shakopee Road Unit 150Bloomington, 55437 United StatesOffice Phone : 952-881-0414
D.M.I. Medical Inc.Life Science Research: Confocal Microscopy, Widefield, Nanotechnology, Industry Microscopy, Clinical Microscopy, Surgical Microscopy, Digital Pathology, Cytovision, Aperio, Ariol, Histology Instruments, Histology Consumables, Advanced Staining Instruments, Advanced Staining Consumables, Kreatech Reagents, Thermobrite / Thermobrite Elite
D.M.I. Medical IncHistology Systems, Novocastra Reagents and associated instruments, EM Sample Preparation
ECLIPSE SURGICAL SUPPLY LLC616 FAIRWAY MIST CTMINT HILL, 28227 United StatesOffice Phone : 410-299-2711
Great Plains Surgical, Inc.3605 Hidden CircleWest Fargo, 58078 United StatesOffice Phone : 701-391-3333Service Phone : 701-391-3333Fax : 701-364-0307
ICMAS Inc.120 McCammon AveMaryville, 37804 United StatesOffice Phone : 865-984-8058
Integrity Surgical2303 Ranch Road 620 S Suite 160-310Lakeway, 78734 United StatesOffice Phone : 713-201-8787
Next Case Surgical943 Maple Avenue - Upper LevelDowners Grove, 60515 United StatesOffice Phone : 312-520-7600Fax : 219-662-7353
Proficient Surgical Equipment, Inc99 Seaview Blvd. Suite CPort Washington, 11050 United StatesOffice Phone : 516-487-1175Fax : 516-487-1191
JH Technologies So. Cal213 Hammond AveFremont, 94539 United StatesOffice Phone : 408-436-6336Fax : 408-439-6343
Q Surgical28 Liberty Ship Way Suite 2830Sausalito, 94965 United StatesOffice Phone : 415-331-1020Fax : 415-462-5186
Rohlf Medical, Inc.2600 S. Minnesota Ave Suite 101Sioux Falls, 57105 United StatesOffice Phone : 605-334-8655Fax : 605-334-9102
Shawnee Medical Products, Inc.8401 Juniper LanePrairie Village, 66207 United StatesOffice Phone : 913-341-7520Fax : 913-341-2318
Spective, LLC3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 9194526288
Spective LLC - Canada3103 Glenwood DriveDurham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 9194526288
TAP Medical Products, Inc.4580 Klahanie Drive S.E. #452Issaquah, 98029 United StatesOffice Phone : 425-785-9993Fax : 800-832-1859
Western Microsurgical6721 Esperanza DriveCastle Rock, 80108 United StatesOffice Phone : 720-244-4679Fax : 303-331-8128
Marathon Medical, Inc.1408 Christian Avenue Suite 35Durham, 27705 United StatesOffice Phone : 919-309-4463Service Phone : 919-812-9500Fax : 919-309-4742
DB Surgical12480 West Atlantic Blvd Suite 1Coral Springs, 33071 United StatesOffice Phone : 954-340-2727Fax : 954-340-1221