Leica Microsystems is dedicated to supporting ophthalmic surgeons to achieve their goal of optimal patient outcomes in anterior and posterior segment surgery.
Ophthalmic surgeons need the best visualization to be able to operate with the highest precision. Ophthalmology microscopes from Leica Microsystems are world-renowned for premium optics and illumination that provide outstanding image quality. Designed with workflow and user-comfort in mind, they also respond to surgeon needs through each step of a procedure.
Our microscopes form the platform for complete ophthalmology imaging and workflow solutions by seamlessly integrating advanced imaging technologies such as Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) and high definition 3D or 2D display and documentation.
Filter by Area of Application
Intraoperative OCT imaging system
Optical Coherence Tomography for Ophthalmology
Surgical microscope with premium optics for ophthalmology
Advanced surgical microscope for ophthalmology
Red Reflex Surgical Microscope
All-round surgical microscope for ophthalmology
Digital Imaging Color Module for Ophthalmology
The Cost-Efficient Aid to Determine Astigmatism
The Perfect Aid for Placement of Premium IOL's
Panoramic Viewing System for Retinal Surgery
HD Medical Camera
Efficient surgical microscope for ophthalmology
Tabletop surgical microscope for ophthalmology
Red reflex is critical throughout cataract procedures. Exclusive innovations such as CoAx 4 coaxial illumination and FusionOptics found in our flagship Proveo 8 microscope, provide high-contrast images with consistent, bright red reflex even during phacoemulsification.
Features such as pre-programming of settings for different surgery phases and wireless footswitch integration, support comfort and efficiency.
Delicate vitreoretinal surgery requires highly precise work in low light conditions. Our premium apochromatic optics provide high resolution and optimal light transmission.
Innovative FusionOptics technology in the Proveo 8 delivers a crisp, texture-rich image with high depth of field.
Wide-angle viewing systems such as BIOM 5, RUV800 and slit illumination, round out the portfolio.
- Anterior segment surgery ranges from routine cataract surgery to more complex procedures such as Descemet Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSAEK), Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty…Read article
- In this webinar Dr. Thompson and Dr. Moshirfar will explain how Leica microscopes aid in procedures such as Centration of Multifocal IOLs and corneal inlays such as Kamra and Lenticular Grafts used in…Read article
- Experienced ophthalmic surgeons explain how they perform cataract surgery with high efficiency using the Proveo 8 ophthalmic microscope from Leica Microsystems. The sophisticated illumination system…Read article
- This article published in the journal OSLI Retina discusses the findings of the latest phase of the DISCOVER study relating specifically to the EnFocus instrasurgical OCT system from Leica. One of the…Read article
- When treating patients with vitreomacular traction (VMT), peeling of the inner limiting membrane (ILM) or an epiretinal membrane (ERM) is often indicated. Successful outcomes depend on precise…Read article
What is OCT and how can it help ophthalmologists acquire high resolution information on ocular tissue?Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is a non-invasive, non-contact imaging modality used to visualize and monitor changes to the morphology of biological tissue. OCT employs low-coherence…Read article
- Replacing diseased Descemet’s membrane with a donor graft is an especially delicate procedure. Accurate positioning and full adherence to the stroma are crucial for optimal patient outcomes. These…Read article
"The excellent red reflex, combined with the IOL guidance system, makes it possible for me to work quickly and precisely during refractive procedures."Excellent red reflex as well as maximum accuracy throughout the entire procedure are required to meet these expectations. Dr. Ulrich Jung, Medical Director at the ARTEMIS eye clinic in Dillenburg,…Read article
- Successful refractive surgery is all about accuracy. The aim is to deliver minimal residual astigmatism so the patient can be glasses- free. Latest IOL Positioning Systems such as IOLcompass Pro…Read article
- These videos recorded during cataract and glaucoma surgery using Proveo 8 demonstrate how Dr. Ahmed benefits from continuous red reflex even during phaco, due to exclusive CoAx 4 coaxial illumination,…Read article
- Intraoperative ocular coherence tomography (iOCT) is a useful asset when performing macular surgery and other vitreoretinal procedures. Considering the advantages it provides, iOCT may be the next…Read article
- Typical ophthalmic procedures require specific levels of light, focus and magnification in each phase of surgery. Changing quickly between these settings is the prerequisite for an uninterrupted and…Read article
- In cataract surgery, ophthalmologists rely on the red reflex which provides ideal contrast to visualize the capsule, lens and anterior chamber structure. A new illumination technology in the latest of…Read article
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009