Konstantin Kartaschew, Ph.D.
Konstantin Kartaschew is an Advanced Workflow Specialist at Leica Microsystems.
He studied Biochemistry at the Ruhr University Bochum (Germany), where he focused on various micro-spectroscopic (e.g. Infrared and Raman microscopy) analysis of biological, organic and inorganic samples. After his PhD in physical chemistry, he worked as a product specialist for spectroscopy at a major analytical instrument company where he broadened his experience within molecular and elemental spectroscopy (e.g. atomic emission and X-ray fluorescence spectroscopy) methods. In 2019 he joined Leica Microsystems as specialist for LIBS (Laser-induced Breakdown Spectroscopy) and further specific compound microscopy applications.
This webinar will showcase the versatility and performance of the Chemical Micro Analyzer LIBS in different applications:
- Steel purity: In addition to the optical classification, how to obtain immediately available information on the composition of the non-metallic inclusions (Al, Mn, Ti, Pb, Si) – spatially-resolved.
- Technical Component Cleanliness: How to characterize safety-relevant metallic and hard particles safely and reliably.
- Electroplating or Coating: How to identify changes in coatings on components to determine if the component is still functional.
- Geosciences and building materials: How to identify the type of mineral by a quick database comparison.
- Batteries and Electronics: How to detect lithium or beryllium where X-ray based systems fail.
- ... and many more examples.