The preclinical OCT solutions provide insight into eye disease research, while the clinical OCT systems serve as an aid in diagnosing pathological conditions. Each system is non-invasive, contact-free, and helps detect and monitor morphological changes of ocular tissue.
OCT from Leica Microsystems
With the acquisition of Bioptigen in 2015, Leica Microsystems offers OCT imaging systems for clinical ophthalmology and preclinical research.
EnFocus intraoperative OCT, built into the Proveo 8 ophthalmic microscope gives surgeons greater insights, immediate confirmation, and maximum freedom in the OR. Get an immediate visual confirmation of how sub-surface tissue reacts to surgical maneuvers in crisp high-resolution OCT imaging.
Envisu clinical OCT – OCT has become a standard in the clinic, the Envisu is our noninvasive, non-contact handheld solution that aids in diagnosis and monitoring of pediatric retinal disease from neonatal infants to adults.
Visualization for Ophthalmic Surgeons
Perioperative OCT provides anatomic feedback to the surgeon, which aids in the visualization of physiological and pathological conditions during ophthalmic surgery, and helps guide surgical decision making in anterior as well as posterior cases.
Our product solution: EnFocus
Diagnostic Support for Ophthalmologists
Bioptigen’s OCT systems have revolutionized the clinical practice of ophthalmology by providing high-resolution images, ultra-fast scanning, and deep insight into anatomic information. It has become the gold standard imaging modality for many conditions for aiding in the diagnosis and monitoring of therapeutic outcomes, and has quickly become one of the most frequently ordered diagnostic tests in all of medicine. Envisu, is a hand-held OCT solution with an intended use to aid in the diagnosis of physiological and pathologic conditions of the eye.
Our product solution: Envisu C-Class
About Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT)
Optical coherence tomography (OCT) is an imaging technology with applications in biology, medicine, and materials investigations. In a clinical environment, OCT has revolutionized the clinical practice of ophthalmology by providing 3D anatomic information. In preclinical research, OCT facilitates early stage research into pathology and drug discovery. This non-invasive technique is used to detect and monitor morphological changes of ocular tissue, in particular retinal layer thickness, which may aid in the diagnosis of certain pathological conditions such as glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration (AMD) or diabetic retinopathy. In this Sciecne Lab topic you can find basic information about OCT, articles with application examples, case studies, and links to selected publications.
- In the brief video presented below, Dr. Rachid Tahiri, an ophthalmic surgeon at the Centre d’Ophtalmologie in Granville, France shares his experience in using Proveo 8 intraoperative OCT in cataract…Read article
- Ophthalmic surgery requires high levels of accuracy and precision for optimal surgical maneuvers and tissue manipulation. Surgical microscopes play an essential role in helping ophthalmic surgeons…Read article
- Proliferative vitreoretinopathy (PVR) is a plague to patients and their surgeons after recent rhegmatogenous retinal detachment (RD). Despite excellent initial surgical outcomes, it is the most common…Read article
- Dr Barbara Parolini is one of the pioneers in the use of intraoperative OCT in eye surgery. Since 2016, she has gained a lot of clinical experience with different intraoperative OCT systems. In this…Read article
- Watch the successful clinical online symposium on-demand. Find out what Dr. Parolini says about the benefits of OCT-guided ophthalmic surgery. She presents clinical cases and shares her experience…Read article
- Anterior segment surgery ranges from routine cataract surgery to more complex procedures such as Descemet Stripping Automated Endothelial Keratoplasty (DSAEK), Deep Anterior Lamellar Keratoplasty…Read article
- Exclusive 2-part webinar series by Dr. Jod S Mehta, distinguished Professor, Duke-NUS, Singapore National Eye Center. Learn DMEK, complicated DSAEK, DALK surgery, indications, techniques, and the…Read article
- The aim of this study was to describe intraoperative optical coherence tomography (OCT) as an adjunctive device for peripheral synechiolysis in a post-penetrating keratoplasty patient.Read article
- This article published in the journal OSLI Retina discusses the findings of the latest phase of the DISCOVER study relating specifically to the EnFocus instrasurgical OCT system from Leica. One of the…Read article
- When treating patients with vitreomacular traction (VMT), peeling of the inner limiting membrane (ILM) or an epiretinal membrane (ERM) is often indicated. Successful outcomes depend on precise…Read article
What is OCT and how can it help ophthalmologists acquire high resolution information on ocular tissue?Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is a non-invasive, non-contact imaging modality used to visualize and monitor changes to the morphology of biological tissue. OCT employs low-coherence…Read article
- Replacing diseased Descemet’s membrane with a donor graft is an especially delicate procedure. Accurate positioning and full adherence to the stroma are crucial for optimal patient outcomes. These…Read article
- Intraoperative ocular coherence tomography (iOCT) is a useful asset when performing macular surgery and other vitreoretinal procedures. Considering the advantages it provides, iOCT may be the next…Read article
- The role of iOCT in vitreoretinal surgery continues to be defined by active research and enhancements to integrative technologies. Further research is needed to better define the specific applications…Read article
- Monitoring young children with optic pathway gliomas (OPGs) for visual deterioration can be difficult owing to age-related noncompliance. Optical coherence tomography (OCT) measures of retinal nerve…Read article
High Resolution Optical Coherence Tomography Guided Donor Tissue Preparation for Descemet's Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty Using Reverse Big Bubble TechniqueThis study assessed the feasibility of High Resolution Spectral Domain Optical Coherence Tomography (HR-SDOCT) to guide donor tissue preparation in Descemet's Membrane Endothelial Keratoplasty (DMEK)…Read article
- The high-resolution, cross sectional information provided by iOCT creates a unique feedback system for vitreoretinal surgery. The PIONEER Study conducted by the Cole Eye Institute is a three-year…Read article
- The work prepared and presented within this video demonstrates preliminary research, and the promising future of perioperative OCT to aid the diagnosis of physiological and pathological conditions…Read article
www.scimagojr.com/journalrank.php?category=2731Journal rankings for category "Ophthalmology"
www.wjgnet.com/2218-6239/World Journal of Ophthalmology
www.aaojournal.org/Ophthalmology, the official journal of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
www.ajo.com/American journal of ophthalmology
http://bjo.bmj.com/British Journal of Ophthalmology
www.djo.harvard.edu/Digital Journal of Ophthalmology
http://journals.lww.com/internat-ophthalmology/pages/default.aspxInternational ophthalmology clinics
www.springer.com/medicine/ophthalmology/journal/10384Japanese journal of ophthalmologyhttp://www.benthamscience.com/open/toophtj/
www.benthamscience.com/open/toophtj/The open ophthalmology journal
http://journals.lww.com/co-ophthalmology/pages/default.aspxCurrent opinion in ophthalmology
http://informahealthcare.com/loi/sioSeminars in ophthalmology
www.iovs.org/Investigative ophthalmology and visual science
www.hindawi.com/journals/jop/Journal of ophthalmology
www.revophth.com/Review of ophthalmology
www.surveyophthalmol.com/Survey of ophthalmology
www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/00084182Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology/Journal Canadien d'Ophtalmologie
www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/13194534Saudi Journal of ophthalmology
www.healio.com/journals/jposJournal of pediatric ophthalmology and strabismus
www.elsevier.com/journals/taiwan-journal-of-ophthalmology/2211-5056Taiwan Journal of ophthalmology
www.eur-j-ophthalmol.com/European journal of ophthalmology
www.apaophth.org/eJournal/Asia-Pacific Journal of ophthalmology
www.meajo.org/Middle East African Journal of ophthalmology
www.ijo.in/Indian Journal of ophthalmology
www.ajol.info/index.php/njoAfrican Journals Online – Nigerian Journal of Opthalmology
www.canadianjournalofophthalmology.ca/Canadian Journal of Opthalmology
www.jao.medrounds.org/Journal of Academic Ophthalmology
www.ojoonline.org/Oman Journal of Ophthalmology
www.dog.org/?cat=48Graefe’s Archive for Clinical and Experimental Ophthalmology
www.icoph.org/International council of ophthalmology
www.clinical-ophthalmology.com/The Society for Clinical Ophthalmology
www.arvo.org/The association for research in vision and ophthalmology
www.aao.org/American academy of ophthalmology – the eye M.D. association
www.esvo.org/European society of veterinary ophthalmology
www.paao.org/Pan-American Association of ophthalmology
www.nanosweb.org/home.cfmNorth American neuro-ophthalmology society
www.feoph-sight.eu/Federation of European ophthalmology
www.atpo.org/ATPO/Home/ATPO/Default.aspxAssociation of technical personnel in ophthalmology
www.ileyemd.org/Illinois Association of Ophthalmology
www.utaheyemds.org/Eye M.D.s of Utah
www.mdeye.org/The Florida Society of Ophthalmology
Your bookmarks are missing?
Please send us your useful links!
Interested to know more?
Talk to our experts. We are happy to answer all your questions and concerns.Contact Us
Do you prefer personal consulting?
Leica Microsystems Inc.1700 Leider LaneBuffalo Grove, IL 60089 United StatesOffice Phone : +1 800 248 0123Service Phone : 1 800 248 0223Fax : +1 847-236-3009